Clevedon Wargames Club

Started by Bigfulsey, 11 March 2011, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfulsey

Clevedon Wargames Club in North Somerset.

We meet on a Friday night and play a variety of periods and scales including FOG Ancients / Renaissance; Peter Pig Bloody Barons, Samurai, ECW, AWI, ACW and PBI; Napoleonics Lasalle and LFS3; Polemos FPW and Rapid Fire WW2 to name a few.

Not bad for a club of 12 members!

Bigfulsey

We also game in 25mm, 20mm, 15mm and 10mm (FPW and Napoleonics) :D

nikharwood

Sounds good - have you linked with the other clubs around you - Portbury Knights, Lincoln Barn, The Escape Committe in BoS etc...?

I live in Dunster, West Somerset but am always up for a trip out [real life permitting etc]...we're also going to be putting on a BKCII game at Legionary [Exeter, 7th May] with WW2 USMC v Japanese - are you there / fancy coming?  :)

rimwalsh

Bigfulsey

I used to play Games workshop Epic a few years ago.  Now I live in Clevedon and was wondering about starting up wargaming again, but wanted to do something a little more historicallly accurate so bought the Flames of War starter game for me and my little lad.  Reading through it brought back old memories of games I used to have with old friends.  As my lad is still young I don't think he is going to get the hang of it all for a while.  Hence I have been looking to see what clubs are in my local area.

I've stubbled on this post and was wondering what was the Clevedon Wargames Club, who was involved and when they all met up?  I don't know how much time or if I will take up the game, but wanted to get a feeler for who was doing what in the area and if I wanted to take it seriously.  Any information you can give me would be good.

Cheers, Rich.

Bigfulsey

Hi Rich

Sorry I haven't responded to this sooner but I don't visit the forum quite as regularly as I should.

We meet on a Friday at 7.30 in the 2nd Clevedon Scout Hut just off Coleridge Vale - just down the road from the Curzon cinema. We are only a small club with around a dozen regulars, although we don't often all turn up. A couple of us live in Clevedon but we come from as far afield as Breen, Weston, Yatton, Portishead and even Bradley Stoke.

Games range from FoG Ancients through to WW2. At the moment we seem to be playing 10mm Napoleonic and FoG Renaissance but we have plenty of armies available so if you ever fancy dropping in to see what do feel free.

Nick

kittdrury

Hello to Clevedon WarGames Club, Does Steve still go to the Club.? I have tried to track down a Wargaming Club here in Perth Western Australia, only to find that there are no real Clubs that meet locally. There are a couple of Clubs in central Perth if your lucky and we live near Joondalup North of the City by about and hour. I have built a serious 28mm Napoleonic Army in Essex Miniatures and would like to bring it the UK soon to visit. 

Techno

As that was your first post, kitt (?)...a warm welcome to the forum.
Best of luck with your search for a club (Or even opponents) in Perth.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

"I don't visit the forum quite as regularly as I should." Too flippin' right! I've never seen you on here before and I'm your brother! Good to see you on the forum bro. I'll have to start behaving myself now. See you at Colours.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!