Another interesting range

Started by setterjaune, 27 March 2010, 04:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setterjaune

Hello,
why not Maximilian war range (mexican,french,austrian,belgian,egyptian....)
Very interesting period!!!

Leon

We've had quite a few requests for this conflict, I've actually got a list somewhere of which of our figures can be used, I'll dig it out for you.  The main thing missing is the Sombrero's lancers, which we'll be looking at doing sometime in the future.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

setterjaune

very interested by your list, and great news for lancers in sombrero
codially
RD

Leon

Here's the recommendations from one customer, using mainly the South Pacific range:

SAP2 - May be used as Republican Infantry
SAP4 - Republican-Juarista Foot.
SAP6 - Republican Infantry alternate.
SAP10 - is perfect for Imperial Light Cavalry Lancers.
SAP12 - may be used as Foreign Legion on Mules.
SAP13 - Artillery may be used for either Republican or Imperial artillery.
The SCW Melice figures are very usable for Sombrero'ed militia, irregulars, and other state raised Republican/Juarista foot.

Almost any of your ACW Union Foot may be painted in white or blue uniforms for Republican or Imperial Infantry.
French Officers, including Zouave Officers are also easily adapted to Republican Officers-or Imperial Officers.
French Infantry, Chasseurs D'afrique, Generals, artillery, and your Hussar figures are all perfect.

and from another customer:

I plan on trying the Jagers in kittel - AU 3 - as being the closest you have to the Austrian infantry
The Italian bersaglieri for some of the Imperial infantry - IT 3 (with the round hats), or possibly the Garibaldini depending on their headgear - IT 4.

The Austrian lancers might be covered by the standard bearer figure from what I think was YW4 (converted to a lancer) which I have used as the Austrian Trani lancers in 1866. 

The Belgian infantry field uniform shown in the Osprey might be covered by figs wearing a similar hat for the SCW.

I hope this is of some use?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!