Hi, another new guy here- with a Spainsh Civil War project.

Started by Villev, 07 February 2024, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villev

Hey all,

I recently got back to historical miniatures gaming after a long hiatus, and started a Spanish Civil War project. I ended up choosing 10mm and Pendraken, and the sculpt and casting quality on the range has been great- a real pleasure to paint those. 10mm seems to be a nice scale to build armies in general, so maybe I'll branch into something else after the SCW forces are finished.

So, I'll be looking forward to sharing my progress with the project and hearing your comments. I heard from a reliable source that this is a nice forum. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Villev on 07 February 2024, 01:35:20 PMSo, I'll be looking forward to sharing my progress with the project and hearing your comments. I heard from a reliable source that this is a nice forum. :)

Apart from me - I hate everybody  :d  :d  :d  Seriously welcome and enjoy.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Hi Villev,

in my experience the forum is by turns warm, welcoming, well read, willing to share and, as the first response to your post shows, well weird. :)

As a bunch we are keen to read about what others are working on and are even keener on pictures of progress.

If you are looking for advice at any point just ask. You may find that we wander off topic sometimes quite a bit but if that happens before you get a sensible answer posting a gently worded reminder should steer it back on track.

Also, trust me, the in jokes will become apparent in time :)  But feel free to ask if you feel you may be missing something vital.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Villev

QuoteHi Villev,

in my experience the forum is by turns warm, welcoming, well read, willing to share and, as the first response to your post shows, well weird. :)

As a bunch we are keen to read about what others are working on and are even keener on pictures of progress.

If you are looking for advice at any point just ask. You may find that we wander off topic sometimes quite a bit but if that happens before you get a sensible answer posting a gently worded reminder should steer it back on track.

Also, trust me, the in jokes will become apparent in time :)  But feel free to ask if you feel you may be missing something vital.

Cheers and thanks for the welcome (to everyone else also). Positive weird is a plus definitely, so sounds even better. And to be honest, I heard that too in advance. :D

paulr

Welcome Villev :-h

There are some people here with a lot of knowledge on the SCW as I found while considering an SCW project. They were very helpful and there are several threads you may find useful

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Villev

Quote from: paulr on 07 February 2024, 05:31:56 PMWelcome Villev :-h

There are some people here with a lot of knowledge on the SCW as I found while considering an SCW project. They were very helpful and there are several threads you may find useful

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I'll surely make use of that. It's a conflict with a bit less readily available materials compared to many of the ones that are more popular among wargamers.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno 3

I'll do this later