Last Hussar's Quiz Night

Started by Last Hussar, 06 February 2024, 05:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Quote... to be made.

Jeez.

I know, right. I blame the question. The Star Wars movie originally released in 1977 is clearer, should you want people to understand. That and, stating that you're looking for a prequal movie, not a television or Internet-based broadcast as the answer, should that be the case. Ambiguous questions lead to confusion. Confusion leads to suffering. Suffering leads to... Or something like that. 
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Gwydion

Never argue with the Quizmaster is my motto. He's always right. B)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Gwydion on 06 April 2024, 11:59:27 PMNever argue with the Quizmaster is my motto. He's always right. B)

Well he does have all the answers..... ;D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

I suppose I better let the hoi-polloi know the answers...

Science Fiction and Fantasy answers

1   The Nostromo is the ship in the film 'Alien'.

2   A NEWT is a Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test, the equivalent of A levels.

3   Judge Dredd is the lawman of the future.

4   Dragonlance is based on Dungeons and Dragons.

5   'And another thing' is the sixth book in the increasingly misnamed Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

6   Sindarin and Quenya are languages of the elves developed by J.R.R. Tolkien.

7   "In the darkness of the future there is only war" is the promise of Warhammer 40,000. They may have just
written 40K – that is an acceptable answer. If they have put just Warhammer, then half a point, and I'm being kind as that is the fantasy version of the game.

8   David Bowie is in Labyrinth.

9   The last scene of Rogue One ends just before the original Star Wars starts

10   It is Bilbo's hundred and eleventh – or eleventy one – birthday, and Frodo's thirty third – half a point each.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

New Round

Response Songs

Response Songs are songs written as a reply to another song

1   In the song "Killing me softly with his song", which song writer was it about?

2   In 2018 Cam released the Country song 'Diane', a response from the 'Other Woman' in which classic 1973 Dolly Parton song?

3   'Louise' by the Human League follows up the story to which of their songs from 3 years earlier?

4   'Common People', by Pulp in 1995 is a response to which Blur song.

5   In 1968 The Beatles released "Back in the U.S.S.R." as response to which Chuck Berry song?

6   How did Robbie Williams reply to The Who song 'My Generation'?

7   'Billly, I've Got to Go to Town" by Geraldine Stevens in 1969 was a response which 1967 song by Johnny Darrell?

8   "4th Time Around" in 1966 by Bob Dylan is seen as a response to which Beatles song?

9   Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama was a reponse to two Neil Young songs. Name either.

10   Actor Danny Aiello appeared in which Madonna video, and later that year recorded "Papa Wants the Best for You", written by Artie Schroeck, as a representation of the father's point of view?

GNU PTerry

No idea on any of those.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

Only confident on 3.....2 very iffy 'maybes'
I'll do this later

Last Hussar

Some of those you can get if you have general pop knowledge.

If, like me, you have very little, you'll be stuffed!

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

I haven't heard of more than half of these and have no idea on any of them.

0/10
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

Still going?

Number 10 is "Papa Don't Preach", number 2 is probably "Jolene". Otherwise not a scooby. 

Last Hussar

I'll try to remember to post the answers Monday.

GNU PTerry

Techno 3

I think you should....I want to know what the second of the Neil Young songs is. :-\
I'll do this later

Leon

That's a tough round, I think I can manage 3?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Last Hussar

As (vaguely) promised

1   "Killing me Softly" was inspired by a performance of Don McClean.

2   'Diane' was a response from the titular 'Jolene', saying she didn't know he was married.

3   'Louise' is the follow up to 'Don't you want me baby'.

4   "Common People" is a response to "Park Life".

5   Chuck Berry sang "Back in the U.S.A."

6   Robbie Williams released a song called 'Old before I die' where he says he wants to get old before he dies

7   Johnny Darrell sang "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town".

8   Bob Dylan responded to "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" by the Beatles.

9   The Neil Young songs are "Southern Man" and "Alabama" – Either for the point.

10   The Madonna song is "Papa don't preach."

GNU PTerry