Magister Militum - Selling Up

Started by Orcs, 28 July 2023, 12:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

I have some of their 10mm Early imperial Romans and thecargers are literally head an shoulders above the legionaries.

I believe they have used different sculptors within some ranges resulting in these anomalies.

Also the Steve Barber 10mm ranges are up for grabs as well. Excellent figures, but
Not completely compatible with Pendraken. Also some ranges are not complete, although I guess a buyer could get Steve to make the masters they wanted

The Chariot 15 mm range are lovely figures.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Corso

Quote from: Orcs on 22 January 2024, 12:49:04 AMAlso, the Steve Barber 10mm ranges are up for grabs as well. Excellent figures, but
Not completely compatible with Pendraken. Also some ranges are not complete, although I guess a buyer could get Steve to make the masters they wanted

I was looking at those the other day, what makes them less than compatible?

FierceKitty

I've mixed them quite happily with Pendrakens (Zulu and Numidian figures).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: Corso on 22 January 2024, 08:29:23 AMI was looking at those the other day, what makes them less than compatible?

I use all Steve Barbers figures in the same army but not the same units. They are a little bulkier and shields are fractionally larger.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Corso

Quote from: Orcs on 22 January 2024, 09:52:11 AMI use all Steve Barbers figures in the same army but not the same units. They are a little bulkier and shields are fractionally larger.

OK so I could use the germans as barbarians then

Thanks

Orcs

Quote from: Corso on 22 January 2024, 10:06:24 AMOK so I could use the germans as barbarians then

Thanks

Yes, They are lovely figures, so much so I keep looking at buying a Germanic Army, before he sells it. Despite having 4 other ancient 10m armies to paint

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 21 January 2024, 10:52:59 AMJust out of interest, if it isn't 'commercial in confidence', how much did they want for the entire 10mm range?

Not allowed to say I'm afraid! 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leon on 23 January 2024, 12:14:02 AMNot allowed to say "I'm afraid!" 

Are you permitted to say "I'm a bit nervous"?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

John Cook

Quote from: FierceKitty on 23 January 2024, 03:11:14 AMAre you permitted to say "I'm a bit nervous"?
Quote from: Leon on 23 January 2024, 12:14:02 AMNot allowed to say I'm afraid! 

Fair enough, I thought that might be the case.

Orcs

Quote from: Orcs on 22 January 2024, 12:49:04 AMI have some of their 10mm Early imperial Romans and the archers are literally head an shoulders above the legionaries.

I believe they have used different sculptors within some ranges resulting in these anomalies.

Also the Steve Barber 10mm ranges are up for grabs as well. Excellent figures, but

The Chariot 15 mm range are lovely figures.

Corrected orriginal post (in red)

O Dinas Powys

It's the 10mm prehistorics I'll miss  :'(

...not that I ever got round to buying more than a couple of "essentials" due to the price!
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )