Infantry and Visibility Questions

Started by redtoorange, 05 August 2022, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtoorange

Hi all! I'm a new player and have been loving the rules set so far. I had a few questions regarding how Dig-In works with infantry and Visibility in general. Sorry if these have already been addressed, I wasn't able to find any other similar questions.

Background 1: On page 8, the chart lists Infantry is classed as "Average" now, which makes sense for gameplay. On page 14 under Profiles, it states "[...] dug-in troops of any type are classed as having Low profiles." But, then on page 20, under Dig-In, it states "[...] Dug-in has no effect upon visibility or LoS." I am wondering how this impacts gameplay, it seems to be a contradiction.

Question 1: Do Dug-In infantry get Low profile like on page 14 or do they remain Average like on page 20?

Background 2: On page 8, first paragraph under the chart, it mentions a -1D6 for Low Profile targets in certain situations, including "Dug-In". On page 20, "Dug-In" units also receive a minus -1D6 bonus against direct fire from the front 90 degrees.

Question 2: Do Dug-In, Low Profile, units have -2D6 against shots from the front 90 degrees?

Question 3: Follow-up if Question 1 is yes, then do Dug-In Infantry have a -2D6 against front shots?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Big Insect

Q1: Dug-In troops count as 1 lower profile - so Infantry (normally Average count as Low) when dug-in

Q2: Yes

Q3: Yes

However, also remember that no effects can reduce a unit to more than a 6 to hit (that is a standard all encompassing rule) but it is possible for a reduction in the number of firing dice to mean that no shots can hit that unit.

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.