Generals for the Arab-Israeli Wars

Started by pbeccas, 24 July 2022, 06:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbeccas

Can you consider doing a 3 figure pack of generals and staff for the Cold War Commander CO bases to lead our Arab-Israeli battle groups?  All the Commander armies need some sort of big wig calling the shots.
Thanks
Paul

Orcs

Quote from: pbeccas on 24 July 2022, 06:07:34 AMAll the Commander armies need some sort of big wig calling the shots.
Thanks
Paul

Or fouling it up.  :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

pbeccas

Sergeants run the army Orcs.  Nothing would get done without them.

Techno 3

Sure I made Ariel Bender (no....he was a guitarist in Mott the Hoople..)  Ariel Charon ?....Or did he usher souls into the afterlife ?

I do remember making one (slightly portly) General for the Israeli contingent.

:P .....that's my post for the next six months.
I'll do this later

Leon

What kind of look are you thinking?  There's probably something in one of the other ranges that might be suitable?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pbeccas

I was picturing a general figure in a cap or beret, and a couple of staff officers standing around.  Uniforms, whatever is the style at the time for each army. Then we could make a diorama out for the boss stand. I think the CO should look different to HQ stands.
See my 1000pt BKC 15mm Desert Aussie army for example.

pbeccas

Apologies for not knowing how to resize pics.  Maybe a mod could help?

paulr

add a width, in pixels, in the img tag
[img width=900]
Nice looking figures by the way, even though that 9th Australian artillery carrier looks a bit lost ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: pbeccas on 24 July 2022, 02:45:00 PMSergeants run the army Orcs.  Nothing would get done without them.

Who run the army trolls?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pbeccas

Quote from: paulr on 25 July 2022, 09:50:44 AMNice looking figures by the way, even though that 9th Australian artillery carrier looks a bit lost ;)

That's my Forward Observer cobber.

Leon

QuoteI was picturing a general figure in a cap or beret, and a couple of staff officers standing around.  Uniforms, whatever is the style at the time for each army. Then we could make a diorama out for the boss stand. I think the CO should look different to HQ stands.

With the IDF being mainly US supplied there's a few officers in the other ranges that might work as a proxy, so the US Korean War (Summer kit) or the new Cold War ranges?  Officers are fairly generic so I'm sure they'd be fine.  There's also a pointing chap in the IDF artillery crew pack that we could supply individually.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pbeccas