Colours 2022

Started by mollinary, 08 September 2022, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Pringle

Thanks for the report, Steve. It was great to catch up with you.

For my part, I had forgotten just what hard work it is to run a display/participation game (especially as I got woken up at 5 a.m.) - basically I was yakking solidly all day - but it was a fantastic day. Lots of interesting games to admire, dozens of traders (not that I got much chance to view their wares, so I only spent £30), and above all, the people: meeting up with old friends, meeting internet friends for the first time in person, and making new friends. A big well done and thank you to all involved in making it happen.

fred.

Nice photos and write up Steve

I know what you mean about wandering a show on your own, vs having someone to look at stuff with!

Can't believe you bought so little! I always seem to find a number of extra interesting bits to get, on top of any planned purchases or pre-orders...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

Steve, great show report, much enjoyed. Thanks for that.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Glad you enjoyed it chaps. Talking all day and interacting with the punter is exhausting Chris: i'm not sure I'd be up to it these days though. Frankly I have enough projects on the go and in the pipeline, so really didn't need to buy much. The horses will be useful across many of my armies and periods, so I'll get plenty of use out of them. On the book front nothing that interested me, or more correctly, that I could justify buying! Sorry you couldn't make it Guy as I think you would have enjoyed yourself.

Antioch

Steve, also a big thanks from the other side of the pond for that report. So nice to be able to still follow along, in spite of everything these days.

mollinary

Steve, great report, sorry we didn't get to chat, but glad to see you got some good photos of the 'Little men'.  I was pleased they got a decent amount of attention from visitors for whom the 'big' option we were presenting was not really a practical one for the dining room table!  Most of the other shows I have done most of my time has been spent running the games, this time I wanted to concentrate on talking to people as we had some great help running things from Tim Thompson and Ian Notter.  Loved the chatting - thinking of taking it up as a career! 
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Interesting blog post Chris, thanks.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

We really enjoyed Colours this year, definitely more people through the door and it was nice to see so many people out and about enjoying themselves.  Sales were good too, not quite back to their best but certainly better than the 2018/2019 events.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Really glad to hear you had a good day on the sales front, considering the increased costs you incur at present for obvious reasons, as well as the punters having fiscal issues too.

paulr

Seconded :)

Thanks for the reports, Steve & Chris
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Yep, good to hear, Leon.

O Dinas Powys

I wasn't going to be able to make it this year due to a fixture clash with my daughter's first match of the season, but will all soccer cancelled a trip to Croydon with post match meatballs at Ikea was substituted for a nice day out at Newbury!

Saw Mollinary from an distance.  (The table looked great, but you were busy every time I passed and I didn't like to interrupt.)

Managed to miss Steve and Chris, but had a good catch up with Leon and Adele.

Happy days!

Hopefully see people again at Warfare in November.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )