Dutch Recon

Started by Big Insect, 22 June 2022, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

22 June 2022, 05:52:50 PM Last Edit: 22 June 2022, 05:59:31 PM by Big Insect
I found this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfuHUXSMyU4

You've got to dig that groovy Dutch hat  :D

Also, for those interested in all things Cold War Dutch - check out Richard Phillip's Cold War Commanders blog and his Dutch 103 Recce Battalion - armoured recon inforce: http://coldwarcommanders.blogspot.com/search/label/Dutch

Cheers or Proost as the Dutch might say
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

I was looking at the Dutch list earlier for something a bit different Mark, as it does have a nice mix of units circa 1985. Given my Dutch ancestry going way back to the 1580's, it is a rather tempting force to field :) .

Big Insect

Quote from: Steve J on 06 July 2022, 09:42:31 AMI was looking at the Dutch list earlier for something a bit different Mark, as it does have a nice mix of units circa 1985. Given my Dutch ancestry going way back to the 1580's, it is a rather tempting force to field :) .

There are a lot of really interesting units/equipment Steve - I particularly like thinks like the towed Winklewagen radar kit - I have a link to a photo somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out and will send on.

I also like the fact that a lot of the reserve units use older kit - like the towed Bofors 40mm AA guns.

That OOB is really helpful.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Elliesdad

I'm always wary of things said to be "Dutch xxxx" (anything) as they more often than not seem to be names - mostly from the likes of Viz's Profanisaurus - for odd/weird s*x practices seemingly prevalent with our continental brethren.
To be fair, they generally make me chuckle.  ;)  :)
Cheers,
Geoff