6mm Baccus Russians

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 14 June 2022, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I was asked to do some more Napoleonics for a member of Darley Dale wargames club, this time Russians.

Infantry, only 240 of them, owner will be basing and adding own flags.

Face on

Top view

Thin dark green line..?

Back view

Artillery

Gun line

Crew
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Lots of tiny Russians!!

Not that I can make out some of the photos. I think the new forum works better if you don't set the width or height of the image manually
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: fred. on 14 June 2022, 10:47:12 PMLots of tiny Russians!!

Not that I can make out some of the photos. I think the new forum works better if you don't set the width or height of the image manually
Hmm, it does weird things on phones too!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

It's definitely a phone thing- it seems the forum software does some auto resizing for phones and this works much better if you leave the size settings blank when inserting an image. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

DecemDave

That first battalion at 1:3  is looking good  :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

6 units of Russian Dragoons, including (closest) St Petersberg Dragoons which captured 4(!) Eagles during the Napoleonic Wars.

Three standards are real, the second one is Irkusk, which not only is a great territory name in Risk, but were also described as the WORST Russian dragoons as their horses were steppe ponies! Three are made up to the 1800 pattern.

Horses

I actually enjoyed painting the saddle cloths on these, I must be mad

Advance in single file!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three units of Russian Hussars done today, from the top, Marioupol, Alexandria and Ahtirka

Face on

Trot trot CHARGE!

Back of horses

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three Cossack units and the generals finishes off the army pack. More are on their way I hear, once I post these to their owner.

Cossacks, red = Imperial Cossacks, blue = Don/Ukranian cossacks, green = any old Cossack that was passing...

Front on

Weird blur on the imperials...

Back end of a horse...

Generals

Follow the leader?

If you look carefully, I painted the telescope lens!

What's so interesting over there?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Four units of Russian Grenadiers

A little closer

The owner wil base and add flags

Off they go

Artillery, from the rear

Front view

Five units of cuirassiers (His Maj/Lifeguards, Her Maj, Mil order and two others)

"If we sneak in in column, no one will see us!"

Ready for action

"Has anyone got any idea where we are going?"

Ready to go

Vincenzo21

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Batch 2 of the current order:-

Russian artillery - mixed

Boom?

Boom?

Will someone man those guns?

Cassion teams

Why would these need to be multi-part kits?

But they are.

Five wheels, two chassis parts, in 6mm, seriously!

Russian line in greatcoat

On the march

Going that way?

Back view

That way?

John Cook

Quote from: Lord Speedy of Leighton on 20 November 2022, 08:03:20 PMRussian artillery - mixed

6mm does have its attractions I must say, but I'm too committed to 10mm, with all the buildings and terrain pieces, to change now. 
I like the caissons.  Artillery vehicles and wagons generally are a significant omission from 10mm ranges.  I'd buy as many caissons, and teams, as artillery pieces.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Started these 10.30 Friday night, did the assembly, base coats and ink washes by about 1.
Saturday started at 09:30, worked through until 2ish when I walked the dog for two hours, then did another hour tidying up.
Machine mode?

As usual, the owner will be basing these, ready to fight Leipzig at the weekend!
Artillery batteries

Can you tell where I've reused tongue depressors?

Gunners stand ready

Limbers and teams

Limbers closer

Trip trop

Five cossack regiments

Top down

Fair amount of lancers

Off they go

Charge!