Pendraken 30th Birthday Bash!

Started by Leon, 29 May 2022, 10:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Whooops, that means the Early WW2 Russians I bought for your 20th Birthday bash have been sitting in the lead pile for 10 Years.

Just wondering what I buy to put in the lead pile to wait until your 40th Birthday bash?   :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Quote from: Orcs on 31 May 2022, 11:13:34 AMWhooops, that means the Early WW2 Russians I bought for your 20th Birthday bash have been sitting in the lead pile for 10 Years.

Just wondering what I buy to put in the lead pile to wait until your 40th Birthday bash?   :D

;D  8)  ;D

I am in this post and feel attacked.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Antioch

Well a fine happy birthday to Pendraken...30 years is a significant milestone.  I certainly wish I could visit as those gaming tables look great. Another time....will certainly connect if cameras get turned on...

Orcs & Toxicpixie....   Isn't it a well known fact that old figures that haven't made it to the painting table do stirling service (in the interim) holding the table down & making sure those annoying pieces of paper don't float away.😇

toxicpixie

Quote from: Antioch on 31 May 2022, 05:34:39 PMWell a fine happy birthday to Pendraken...30 years is a significant milestone.  I certainly wish I could visit as those gaming tables look great. Another time....will certainly connect if cameras get turned on...

Orcs & Toxicpixie....   Isn't it a well known fact that old figures that haven't made it to the painting table do stirling service (in the interim) holding the table down & making sure those annoying pieces of paper don't float away.😇

Mine weigh the loft down so it doesn't leave, and cover my desk to an extent I can barely do real work!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

Quote from: Antioch on 31 May 2022, 05:34:39 PMOrcs & Toxicpixie....   Isn't it a well known fact that old figures that haven't made it to the painting table do stirling service (in the interim) holding the table down & making sure those annoying pieces of paper don't float away.😇

It is a well known fact that to be content and live a long and happy life the wargamer needs the following;-

At least his own weight in unpainted lead, plastic and resin Models

A Spouse who is tolerant of:-
The hobby in general
Frequent vists to military museums
Constant comments on the inaccuracies of vehicles and uniforms while watching TV
The annexation of the Dining table for Games (For weeks on end in my case)
The addictive need to paint.
That the words need and want actually mean the same thing in  wargamer speak.

A firm belief that it is a fact that if you paint your last unpainted model you will die.

Fortunately Mrs Orcs is extremely tolerant of my hobby

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

I would love to come, but its a 8 hour return journey. Looked at trains, but at £168 return it looked a tad pricey

rupert

Sounds very exciting  - Do I/we need to book in advance?

Leon

Quote from: rupert on 31 May 2022, 11:49:30 PMSounds very exciting  - Do I/we need to book in advance?

No booking needed, just come along the day and enjoy!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

Congratulations - wow, 30 years, I am instantly transported back to the early days of all of that at the Phalanx Wargame show. Dave had just bought in a 1066 line-up and there was a young Pete Berry from Baccus showing off a new motte and bailey type mound. Happy days!

toxicpixie

QuoteI would love to come, but its a 8 hour return journey. Looked at trains, but at £168 return it looked a tad pricey

Fly - it's probably quicker and cheaper. And local flights aren't likely to be as devastated as cross border ones atm...

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 01 June 2022, 04:06:33 PMFly - it's probably quicker and cheaper. And local flights aren't likely to be as devastated as cross border ones atm...

There is an airport about 20 minutes away!  I'll happily come and collect anyone who wants to fly in!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: toxicpixie on 01 June 2022, 04:06:33 PMFly - it's probably quicker and cheaper. And local flights aren't likely to be as devastated as cross border ones atm...

Good idea, but sadly not Flights are similar cost to train

toxicpixie

Quote from: Orcs on 01 June 2022, 05:10:22 PMGood idea, but sadly not Flights are similar cost to train

Crikey! I'd hope that's because train travel has become cheaper, but sadly not :/

Ithoriel

I checked flights to Middleborough when the 30th Birthday Bash was announced. Round trip flights from Edinburgh were over £500. I could get a cheap weeks holiday on the continent for that. To be fair the cheapest option (set off at 06:00 arrive 17:55) involved a stopover in Holland! 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pierre the shy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 01 June 2022, 06:52:46 PMI checked flights to Middleborough when the 30th Birthday Bash was announced. Round trip flights from Edinburgh were over £500. I could get a cheap weeks holiday on the continent for that. To be fair the cheapest option (set off at 06:00 arrive 17:55) involved a stopover in Holland! 

£500 to fly from Edinburgh to Newcastle/Middlesbourgh? That's insane, but the way airlines tend to price things sometimes seems to defy logic. Here in NZ it's sometimes cheaper to fly to Australia (a 3 hour flight across the Tasman) than it is to fly across Cook Strait from Wellington to Nelson (about 25 - 30 minutes) unless you book well in advance.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.