CWC-II Rules Errata (Open)

Started by Big Insect, 24 May 2022, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

QuoteMark you got the 1990+ US infantry walking - no M2 varients in the Armour or Transport sections just the CFV's armoured cav versions in rules (they do be in test lists though)

"LA, LA, LA, LA, LA" etc. not listening Ian  :D .... this is the Rules errata thread, not the List errata thread.... and you of all people should appreciate that!!!

NB: you also need to be more specific please.
But this has been picked up in a previous comment (from me) early on in the LIST ERRATA thread - it was a copying error (& we had spotted it too late after the master had gone to the printers). It is on the top of the list errata correction list.
Thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I'll post where I want...... :d  :d  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Smartbomb

Quote from: Big Insect on 09 June 2022, 09:54:15 AMArtillery types are Page:65/66 - but PGM has been moved to the Optional

Thanks, I see that about PGM now.

FASCAM doesn't show up on the army lists with other arty types. I'm assuming it's 50 points per unit per fire mission?

ICM isn't listed anywhere on 65/66 that I see, a PDF search only found it in the Army lists.

Smartbomb

Quote from: Smartbomb on 09 June 2022, 12:35:21 PMThanks, I see that about PGM now.

FASCAM doesn't show up on the army lists with other arty types. I'm assuming it's 50 points per unit per fire mission?

ICM isn't listed anywhere on 65/66 that I see, a PDF search only found it in the Army lists.

After looking a little further are ICM and FASCAM being used interchangeably in the rules or are they meant to be separate munition types?

Big Insect

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 09 June 2022, 12:15:17 PMI'll post where I want...... :d  :d  :d
But I have the power to delete it Ian ...  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Superscribe

The smoke/obscurants rule on p55 states that artillery may fire smoke  using scheduled or requested support, "provided that smoke ammo has been purchased"

This is worded differently to CWC1 p27. In CWC1 you only needed to buy smoke assets if you wanted to use them as scheduled artillery strikes; smoke requested by a FAO or HQ cost no points, except for the usual -1 on the comnand throw.

Why does requested smoke ammo now also cost 20pts?!

Smartbomb

Why does requested smoke ammo now also cost 20pts?!

[/quote]

Cost overruns?

A great gag modifier would be things like cost overruns, bribery scandals, random devotions in CV levels due to someone being forced out for a gaffe caught on tape...

flamingpig0

I wonder if the M48 in the Warsaw Pact grade 1 list might be better classed as a recon element. At the moment the temptation would be to use it as long range support for the T55s rather than as an advanced element.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Superscribe

Hi Mark. Any reason why cost of barbed wire on p84 has quadrupled from 20cm for 10 pts in CWC1, to 5cm for 10pts in CWC2! ? Or is this an error?

Also vehicle scrapes (which are new in CWC2) seem to give exact same benefit as AFV Pits of +1, but cost 10pts compared to AFV Pit @ 15pts. Is this an error or is there some other benefit in having an AFV pit, which is missing from the descriptive text below the table?

Ta

Big Insect

Quote from: Superscribe on 10 June 2022, 01:16:25 PMHi Mark. Any reason why cost of barbed wire on p84 has quadrupled from 20cm for 10 pts in CWC1, to 5cm for 10pts in CWC2! ? Or is this an error?

Also vehicle scrapes (which are new in CWC2) seem to give exact same benefit as AFV Pits of +1, but cost 10pts compared to AFV Pit @ 15pts. Is this an error or is there some other benefit in having an AFV pit, which is missing from the descriptive text below the table?

Ta

Wire cost has increased deliberately - there was an overwhelming view from play-testers (& old CWC-1 hands) that it was just too cheap previously.

I'll check the AFV Pts and Vehicle scrapes issue - I suspect I had a reason for the difference (probably one being pre-prepared and one being improvised) that has failed to make it out of my head and onto the page ... I'll scratch the brain-cells and see what I can recall.

Cheers
Mark

Superscribe

Thanks Mark, for the update. Can also look at my earlier post about cost of requested smoke. Ta

Big Insect

Quote from: Smartbomb on 09 June 2022, 06:32:29 PMWhy does requested smoke ammo now also cost 20pts?!

Cost overruns?

A great gag modifier would be things like cost overruns, bribery scandals, random devotions in CV levels due to someone being forced out for a gaffe caught on tape...

I like all the above, but the real answer is that the view was that Smoke was being used far too much in the game (unrealistically) - you'll also notice that a lot of the more 'exotic' weapons are also more expensive.
It also give an army with TI equipped MBTs a huge (probably disproportionate) advantage.

All a deliberate decision to focus more on the standard and more prolific HE side of things.

flamingpig0

The 66mm M72 LAW in the Australian list has been turned into a wunderwaffe due to a typo.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Leon

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 11 June 2022, 03:46:47 PMThe 66mm M72 LAW in the Australian list has been turned into a wunderwaffe due to a typo.

Oops, errant extra '2' in there!  All fixed.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Big Insect

Quote from: Superscribe on 10 June 2022, 05:01:42 PMThanks Mark, for the update. Can also look at my earlier post about cost of requested smoke. Ta

All ammo types other than HE have had their costs altered/increased from CWC-I
This is deliberate - it is about focusing the game back on the core area of 'play'.  The impact of TI v no TI was a major consideration as well.

Smoke needs to be bought as it is not standard across all units - in fact many artillery units do not use smoke ammo at all as standard.

Thanks
Mark