CWC-II Rules Errata (Open)

Started by Big Insect, 24 May 2022, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Quote from: Huey on 19 June 2022, 11:56:28 PMHi,
A/T Weapons, p50.
2nd paragraph.
Third line

ATGW units are split into Dedicated ATGW units, marked with a D in the Army Lists...

Haven't seen any Ds yet...

That is a 'hang-over' from an earlier edit - (I'll remove it when we do the errata). What we did instead was group all the 'Dedicated' AT weapons into their own sections in the lists - you'll see (Dedicated) at the top of the appropriate section.
Same applies with Dedicated AA.

Some units can appear in both, but primarily it depends on how they were deployed or were planned to be deployed - and it is also linked to aspects such as how many reloads they had etc.

A good reminder that that sentence needs to be 'pulled-out' during the edit.
Thanks
Mark

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

QuoteHi Mark

I will look at remote controllers for Swingfire etc, as it sounds interesting.

Regarding direction of attack for Air Ground Attack, I suggest the player should decide this before throwing their command roll just in case they roll double 1.

> I agree Chris - that is the way it's generally played and that was my intention.

A further observation, I note in the PDFs that all aircraft for British, Bundeswehr and Soviet are all shown as Air:GA so no bombers (and therefore no 30cm template). Surely some of the aircraft drop bomb payloads rather than firing rockets forwards, that would warrant use of the circular template?

> Ah yes - I wondered when that would get spotted - the AIR:BM units never made it off my draft lists - I'll pick those up in the list errata - most lists will have some bombers and a lot will also have missing AIR:TRANS as well.

I have created new topic with some of the text from the post above and a photo (I needed Photoshop to greatly reduce the size of the image as the attachment size is quite limiting in the forum).

> Thanks - I will check it out

Regards

Chris

Comments/answers above in-line & in-bold
Thanks
mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Quote from: sultanbev on 21 June 2022, 02:43:23 PMI've found https://postimages.org/ works well, this is a video still on my pc of Egyptian AMX-13/75 in 1956, uploaded with postimages, then selecting 'hotlink for forums' and copying that and pasting it here

I am itching to get that Suez Crisis list on the drawing-board - but there are so many others in the queue ahead of it sadly.
Maybe I should do a poll to see what lists are the most popular to add to the list of lists ... although I know what will happen - we will release a list (say Chinese) and everybody will immediately want the associated lists (North Vietnam, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Lao, Indonesia etc.)    :D