Excited

Started by flamingpig0, 18 May 2022, 01:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingpig0

Can I be honest and say I am childishly excited by the publication of CWC 2: Which arguably is somewhat sad as I don't know anyone in my local area who has any interest in post-war wargaming.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Leon

I think we're equally excited here!  There's been a ton of work put into these so we're really happy to finally get them out there and get people playing. 

Mark Fry has spent the last two weeks working on all of the new army lists as well so we'll be releasing those in batches.  We'll also have the Optional Rules coming online on Sunday night, along with a downloadable Quick Reference Sheet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sean Clark

Having paid a visit to Richard Phillips' new place where he had the game laid out that he is taking to Partizan, I can safely say that I'm pretty excited too. And I don't own any models to play with the rules as of yet!

God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

I'd seen some pictures of the early stages of that table over on LAF - looks even more impressive now
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Big Insect

Having played on similar Richard Phillips terrain in the past, it is a wonder to behold and a devil to fight on with conventional forces.

On the last big re-pandemic game on RP terrain, I ended up taking my West German Bundeswehr Fallschirmjäger - all those Kraka quad-bikes, Carl Gustav IATW, Milans and TOW, plus Wiesel light AFVs.
Tough 'hombres' especially in dense terrain and that table looks very much to me like seriously dense-terrain  :D

I will enjoy watching to see how the Soviets/East Germans deal with it.
Of course Richard may well have a completely destroyed and rubble filled version on stand-by in his back pocket, as the forces of darkness unleash a mass of artillery on the defenders ... we shall wait & see.

Looking forward to Partizan and the big launch  :)

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Mark the only time I've seen massed Artillery used was trhe entire Dutch/Belgium park, can't remember who wuz using it !

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Matt o’ the North

That Terran look fabulous. I wish I could get to Partizan, haven't been since it was at a Kelham Hall. I'm thinking of the scale to play CWC in. I know I have my 15mm stuff (see previous post) but 10mm is great and you get a nice balance of scale and movement/ gun range. I love the sense of creating a whole landscape to fight in. I use 6mm buildings with my 10mm napoleonics and it works well. I wonder if it would work with moderns?

First off welcome Matt. Yes you can use 6mm buiuldings with 10mm stuff. The buildings represent a BUA not individual buildings unless it's the Grain Silo or Tractor Factory in Stalingrad.

toxicpixie

That terrain... lovely!

I forgot to pre-order, damn. Will wait till payday :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

That is great looking terrain for sure. Looking forward to hearing how the game plays out at the show.

paulr

The table features at the 2:30mark in TheTerrainTutor's video The Tables and Terrain of Partizan 2022 Wargames Show!

It certainly looks impressive and he included the Pendraken CWC sign :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

He was obvioulsy impressed with the table

toxicpixie

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 25 May 2022, 07:06:35 AMHe was obvioulsy impressed with the table

As are we all :)

Payday, so time to order. Now what else can I slip in...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting