Indian and tropical commonwealth infantry and vehicles

Started by Wargamergunnar, 16 May 2022, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamergunnar

Would love some Indian pattern carriers, and some jungle fatigued Indians and other Brit's for Burma and Singapore and Malaya!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Early Malaya is 8th Army stuff. Supsect the Indian Pattern carrier is a non-starter as not very commercial
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Wargamergunnar

Does the 8th army have long pants or are they all in shorts?

fred.

I'm pretty sure all the figures are in shorts. The odd officer might be in long trousers. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wargamergunnar

John Cook

Yes, the 8th Army figures are in shorts, which is typical enough for North Africa, is it not?  I used them for my Crete project together with figures in BD, which are easy to paint with sleeves rolled up. 
Were I to do a Far East project I'd probably do the same.  There are also figures in slouch hats that would be useful and figures in tropical kit with sleeves rolled up in the Korean War range.  There are enough figures in the WW2 range to work I think, but the main omission is Indian troops, for all WW2 theatres, which is one reason I haven't started a Fall of Hong Kong project, that I've had at the back of my mind for years.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!