Buildings

Started by DHautpol, 07 May 2022, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHautpol

In addition to admiring the "General's coach" submitted by Mollinary in this year's Painting Competition, my eye was also drawn to the very nice buildings used to frame the scene.

Are these buildings commercially available or were they scratch-built?
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

QuoteIn addition to admiring the "General's coach" submitted by Mollinary in this year's Painting Competition, my eye was also drawn to the very nice buildings used to frame the scene.

Are these buildings commercially available or were they scratch-built?
Sorry for the delay in responding, but only just back, completely shattered, from a trip to southern Poland looking at Sieges and battles of Frederick the Great. The buildings were commercially available about 25 years ago, when I bought all the painted examples from a stall at a show - I was just back from Bosnia, and flush with cash! I think the firm was called Architectural Heritage, and the range was 15mm scale and based on Napoleonic German buildings. I believe some of their buildings were picked up by Magister Militum, but I cannot find any of them on their website.  Sorry I cannot be more positive! 
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

DHautpol

Hi Mollinary

Thanks for the update.

I remember the name "Architectural Heritage" from years back.  Shame that they don't seem to be about anymore, they have a good look to them.  I'll have a browse online, you never know EBAY could throw up a couple of items I might be interested in.

They may have been 15mm, but they didn't look out of place with your 10mm figures.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!