Time Cast Cold War Range

Started by Orcs, 03 April 2022, 01:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Was just thinking.... IF Timecast were willing to sell its Cold War Range as a separate item , would this fit in with the current Pendraken Modern Ranges?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

As a party with his feet firmly in both camps. Love pendraken love timecast ..
The vehicles yes. Their infantry are bulkier than Phil's anazing Falklands sculpts (that feature one member of the Timecast team). Butonce based and on table you can't tell if they're on opposite sides.
Not sure I would mix them on the same stand, but they have a wide range of support weapons that work well on separate bases.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

I think the figures are a very different style to ours and as Will says, they don't quite mix in the same units.  We'll probably look at sculpting those ranges through Phil at some point so that they match in with the other sculpts.

The vehicles would be of interest but TimeCast went with 1:144th I believe so there might be some slight size differences there and I don't know if that would cause problems down the line.  It's only a minor scale difference but it's surprising how many folks refuse to mix 1:144th and 1:150th vehicles.

Anyhoo, I think they're currently looking at selling the whole business as a going concern rather than breaking it apart.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Leon on 04 April 2022, 01:16:02 PMAnyhoo, I think they're currently looking at selling the whole business as a going concern rather than breaking it apart.

Let's hope they do find a buyer soon.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021