More 15mm WWII Soviet Heavy Metal

Started by bigjackmac, 01 April 2022, 02:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

The gears of war continue to grind slowly forward.  Over the past couple months I've picked up quite a bit of WWII Soviet gear and wanted to document it, so here you go.

The whole mess:
-11 T-34/85s
-9 IS-2s
-1 KV-2
-1 T-34/7
-20 sets of tank riders

Cross of Iron, anyone? ;)

To see a bunch more pics, please check the blog at:
https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2022/04/more-15mm-wwii-soviet-heavy-metal.html

Well, just wanted to document some additions to my WWII Soviet forces, thanks for looking.  I'm trying to keep the gaming ball rolling this weekend, despite very limited time, though I think I may have an innovative solution.  The older boy has won both of my 'Battle of Biazza Ridge' fights, and his little brother keeps complaining that the Germans have tanks, so I'm thinking to run a hypothetical counterattack by US infantry with armored support (there was no US counterattack in real life because the Americans didn't lose Biazza Ridge), which would mean I can use the same table for a third straight week.  Yeah, kinda cheesy, but would save me a bunch of time.

Anyway, more to come!

V/R,
Jack

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd

Sounds a good plan, give the players what they want ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 01 April 2022, 02:15:37 PMNice, more targets !

But Jack's not using Spearhead rules Lord Kermit  ;D  ;)

Those IS-2's should be able to deal with those pesky Tigers.....

As for the US Para's...I'm sure the Tank Destroyer Branch or a few AAF close air support (A-36 or P-47) units would be keen to demonstrate the effectiveness of their equipment against enemy armour?   
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

bigjackmac

Thanks guys! 

But what's the reference to Spearhead about?

V/R,
Jack

pierre the shy

Quote from: bigjackmac on 03 April 2022, 03:47:15 AMBut what's the reference to Spearhead about?

I was referring to Lord Kermit's remark about the Russian armour just being more "targets" for their German opponents.

In some players views the Germans are somewhat advantaged in Spearhead compared to the Allied armies (like their MG stands can move and fire and they get better chances of other things such as calling in Artillery/Air support or sucessfully making flank marches with initally off-table units).

German "big cats" like Tiger 1 & 2's, Jagdpanthers etc are also quite tough for the Allies to supress or destroy.   
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

bigjackmac

Thanks Pierre, that makes a whole lotta sense now!

V/R,
Jack