ITLSU - SCW

Started by paulr, 24 March 2022, 06:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

I do not need another project  X_X

Having said that I stumbled across the Yarkshire Gamer talking about using TooFatLardies If the Lord Spares Us rules for the Spanish Civil War

We already use ITLSU for WWI and a certain manufacturer has a substantial SCW range in 10mm :-\

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Yarkshire Gamer or his SCW variant of ITLSU
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Here's the link to Yarkshire land 

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/search?q=Scw&max-results=20&by-date=true

I did a search on SCW and lots of good stuff, but not immediately seeing anything on ITLSU

Like you Paul I don't need another project - but ITLSU and SCW could work well together. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

Edit: Fred beat me to it!

The Yarkshire Gamer is here
https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/search/label/Spanish%20Civil%20War?m=0

I had actually stumbled across him recently and have downloaded his podcast on ITLSU with Nick Skinner to listen to in the near future.

I didn't see any reference to his SCW rules though might be buried in one of those posts.

Some of these may be of use:
https://toofatlardies.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10640&p=70121&hilit=Spanish+civil+war#p70121

Though perhaps he was referring to this? https://toofatlardies.co.uk/product/triumph-of-the-will/ though I'm unclear as to which of their family of systems it belongs to, think it's perhaps and older one that could possibly be used to adapt.

paulr

Thanks All

I had managed to find his blog and some of his YouTube videos

What I'm hoping to find is an email address so I can contact him directly (I'm not on instagram or facebook etc)

I do NOT need another set of rules, no matter how good they are, our groups is at rules maximum @-)  :-/  ~X( 

Titivillus

Here you go: yarkshiregamer@gmail.com

His name is Ken.

I'm not sure if he uses ITLSU for the Spanish Civil War, though. I think that it is just for his Iraq/Middle East games, but I could be wrong.
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!

paulr

Thanks you very much Titivillus

I am pretty sure I saw mention of it in at least one post.
They use a Siesta card rather than the Tea Break card ;D

mmcv

QuoteThanks you very much Titivillus

I am pretty sure I saw mention of it in at least one post.
They use a Siesta card rather than the Tea Break card ;D
Is it maybe "Up Your Cara Al Sol" a varient for I Ain't Been Shot Mum from the Summer 2004 special edition?

paulr

The Yarkshire Gamer was kind enough to respond promptly to my email :)

Unfortunately Titivillus was correct, they use a homebrew set that includes ITLSU like card activation :(

Back to the drawing board

Titivillus

No problem, Paul!

He might give you a copy of the rules, if you asked. Or you could try the I Ain't Been Shot Mum variant mentioned by mmcv. I think there is even a SCW variant for Chain of Command/Big Chain of Command, if you want smaller level games.
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!

paulr

The Yarkshire Gamer suggested Triumph of the Will which was written by TFL at about the same time as ITLSU :)

I've had a quick read and they are very similar to ITLSU but annoyingly different as well for a group trying to remember different rule sets. The main difference is that the figure strength of the company represents the inherent energy of the Company rather than actual numbers of combatants  :-\ ~X(  @-) 

When I have some time I'll work through each of the mechanisms and see if I can use ITLSU to get a similar outcome with a tweak or two. Hopefully I can map figure numbers to ITLSU Spunk ratings :-\

mmcv

I've been listening to the ITLSU episode and Nick was saying it was built off TotW. Though became it's own beast very quickly. Regardless I'm sure you can fudge some aspects in to bring the right flavour to the core rules to suit your group.

paulr

Started comparing mechanisms and mods look very doable :)  #:-S

I'll be sticking with ITLSU's focus on the numbers of combatants rather than the TOtW's inherent energy of the Company. ITLSU's Spunk ratings will cover most of TOtW's energy ideas

This will be an interesting side project to potter away at :-B

paulr

One thing that seems to be a feature of several SCW rules is to grade troops based on training, for example; Regular, Drilled, Militia.

The rules then go on to make Militia more vulnerable and Regulars less. I was wondering if the Libertad! supplement does something similar.

mmcv

QuoteOne thing that seems to be a feature of several SCW rules is to grade troops based on training, for example; Regular, Drilled, Militia.

The rules then go on to make Militia more vulnerable and Regulars less. I was wondering if the Libertad! supplement does something similar.
It has "Green" and "Veteran" which probably equate somewhat to Militia and Drilled