Skirmish game basing?

Started by mmcv, 16 March 2022, 10:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

18 March 2022, 10:01:36 PM #15 Last Edit: 30 March 2022, 12:24:39 PM by Leon
Looks like this failed miserably for non-Facebook subscribers or friends of this group. I'll speak to Leon.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mmcv

Yeah think it would have to be public group to see them. I'm not sure Facebook let's you share them directly with outsiders!

Leon

Let's see if this image works:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

An interesting approach, not a base shape I'd considered before
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Agreed, it does provide a nice balance between the round and the square and still lets you line up. I quite like those.

I think I still want the neater line you get with square for this project's line troops but there's a few other projects I have in mind that those would work very nicely with. :-\

Thanks for sharing!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

Yes I like them as well.  Definitely fed up of loadsa fiddly singles alone.
Did someone mention Pendraken are selling the pill shaped bases?  Whats the code?

Westmarcher

Thanks, Leon.

Quote from: mmcv on 19 March 2022, 07:12:45 AMThanks for sharing!
You're welcome. Nothing like a photo to show how a basing system looks.  :)

QuoteAn interesting approach, not a base shape I'd considered before
Me, neither, Paul, until I started skirmish gaming which first got me considering circular bases followed by the pill shaped ones when I encountered the Close Order formation featured in Rebels & Patriots.

QuoteDid someone mention Pendraken are selling the pill shaped bases?  Whats the code?
Currently, BCX.

Footnote: Incidentally, for those interested, the gun & crew bases illustrated are 15mm circular (for the single crew member), 25mm x 15mm pill (for the gun and 2 crew members) and 20mm x 15mm pill (for the fig with the ramrod). The infantry bases are mainly 20mm wide at their narrowest, as previously mentioned by me.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mmcv

22 March 2022, 11:11:33 PM #24 Last Edit: 30 March 2022, 12:24:07 PM by Leon
I've gone with cutting the magnetic tape into square(ish) bases 12.5cm with a 50x25 ferrous sheet sabot, so individual based figures but movable as group:

Then round bases for skirmish and hex for command:

Got most of the British based so onto the Americans next.