And The Winners Are...!

Started by Leon, 08 March 2022, 06:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Thank you to everyone who has entered the 2022 Pendraken Painting Competition!  It's been another great year with some outstanding work on show so we hope you've all enjoyed watching the entries come in.

As usual the voting was done by our friendly Forum members who each had 5 votes to cast per category, so without further ado...

The Winners of the 2022 Pendraken Painting Competition are:

Foot - Pre-20th C. (33 entries)

This category had the highest number of entries again and was a very close run thing between three entries, with us finishing on a tie for first place!

1st place: streetgang's Rebel scythe battalion - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

AND

1st place: Forez42's French zouaves - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Sotaisho's Greek spearmen - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Foot - 20th C. (12 entries)

This category had the lowest number of entries but there was some great painting on show.  There were actually 6 entries fighting it out all week long but in the end there can only be one winner!

1st place: Streetgang's Falklands British - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Forez42's WWI French - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Mounted (20 entries)

This category started off very competitive with four entries swapping the lead several times over the first few days of voting, but by the end of the week two entries had pulled away from the pack...

1st place: Streetgang's LoA rebel horse - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Kodosg42's Medieval Rus cavalry - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Vehicle (18 entries)

This one was a 3-way tie right up to this final afternoon of voting so was incredibly close!

1st place: Shrimproll9's SYW artillery - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Mollinary's Marshal coach - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Fantasy & Sci-Fi (14 entries)

The Fantasy/Sci-Fi category is always one of our favourites and this was probably the most competitive of all the categories with at least eight entries in the mix for a long time. 

1st place: The Baron's Anubis warriors - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Maraviglia's Colonial Marines - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Open - Single Base (25 entries)

There were some really original entries here this year and one in particular seemed to catch everyone's eye to take 1st place...

1st place: SoSoPig's Tiger - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Mollinary's Max Emanuel - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Open - Army! (20 entries)

There were some great entries here this year and at least half a dozen that could easily have taken the winner's crown.  One entry in particular was popular from the get-go though, leaving the others to fight it out for second place.

1st place: Titivillus' AWI American army - wins £50 Pendraken voucher!

2nd place: Paulr's 100YW Scots army - wins £25 Pendraken voucher!

Congratulations to all of our winners!  We'll be announcing the winners on social media on Wednesday and you'll receive an email in the next few days with your prize voucher.  We'll also get your Winner's medals added to your profiles, which is of course the most important thing!

And to everyone that entered this year, thank you for taking the time to get your brushes out and take part.  The standard of the entries and the amount of time and effort that goes into achieving them has been so high and we really appreciate it.  The world is still recovering from Covid and I think we all needed a bit of positivity right now.  We hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have and we'll be back again next year!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Congrats to all who took part - great entries all round!

Well deserved wins in all categories.

Best of the Best for me was SoSoPig's Tiger but none of the contestants should be ashamed of their efforts. Thanks to all who took part.

If life is a little less "exciting" next year I hope to put in an entry or two myself.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Titivillus

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for those who voted for my entries!

And most of all, thank you to Leon and Pendraken for putting on such an enjoyable and friendly competition. It is wonderful to see so many entries.
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!

steve_holmes_11

Well done to the winners, and all who entered.

I know the work involved to take a nice picture, and present it for website inclusion.
(Much more effort than I expected).

Some really great painting, and a fine reflection on the quality of the 10mm soldiers hobby.

paulr

Congratulations to all who participated, particularly the winners

Many thanks to Leon for organising the competition and the prizes

Special thanks to Pierre the Shy for his assistance with the banners for my 100YW Scots army
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ArthurCurvelo

Congratulations! Very well deserved winners! :)
Cheers
Arthur<br />Early modern historian painting historical miniatures and war games in his spare times.<br />Author of https://www.instagram.com/curvelominiatures/

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Fantastic and well deserved winners all round! Hugs!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Martin1914

Congratulations to the winners! Well done to all participants.
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Sotaisho

Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to everyone who took part, and Leon for organising . I had a great time on my first entry into the world of 10mm, and I'm already looking forward to next year😁👍
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!

The Baron

Wow, thanks for all the votes guys.  I wasn't expecting to get a win when I saw the quality of everyone else's work.
Congrats to everyone who won there were some truly superb painting skills on show.

Forez42

Congratulations to all who participated and thanks for those who voted for my entries !

Many thanks to Leon and Pendraken for organising the competition and the high quality of these miniatures !
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

mollinary

Wow, what a great competition. Some brilliant entries and well deserved winners. Really surprised to get runner up spots against such tough competition. Many thanks to all those who voted for their favourites, and to Leon for organising such a fun and inspiring competition. Now, what can it be next year...........🤔🤔🤔

Mollers
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Well done to the winners and some great work on show across all the categories!

Techno 3

I'll do this later

DecemDave

Thirded!!   
I also got logged out for some IT reason so I'm late to add my congratulations to every winner.   Very inspiring stuff especially the Tiger but for me its the armies as that shows an incredible standard kept up over hundreds of minis.