Please leave this thread alone.

Started by Phil2, 22 February 2022, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Techno 3 on 01 March 2022, 07:46:33 AMI'm going to go into one of the threads that have you marked as Moderator, Will....Post something, and then see if you can delete it...well.... basically find a delete button.

Your Moderator 'flag' doesn't seem to be showing now..(It was before)..Though I'm sure I've seen you marked as moderator on certain boards.

My Mod functions are switched off to see how it behaves.

So far, so good.....I haven't seen any spurious posts, from the year dot, marked as unread.

I still can't see any delete button, even after just 2 minutes. :-\

I tried remove. That might work
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno 3

Where did you find the remove button, Will ?

All I've got underneath the message is a "Quote button" and a "More button"

I'll post this and come back 'toot sweet'.
I'll do this later

Techno 3

Now...after the new post above....With this one, I can now see...

"Quote"
"Quick Edit"
"More..." Which now gives me "Modify" (Same as quick edit ??) and "Report to Moderator."

No "remove or delete" 8-}  8-}  gibber, gibber.

Am I looking in completely the wrong place ?

I'll do this later

Leon

I don't think you'll have the Delete option on your account level, just to stop folks from accidentally deleting things.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It's not on mine, suspect that it should only appear on members with Moderator permission. ATM Phil does not appear to be one, Will is.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

No, Ian....My Mod facility is switched off at the mo'..to see whether I get less grief.

But...It never showed on my profile, even when it was switched on.
It seemed as though it was treating me as a cross between an Administrator and a Moderator, which was a bit odd.

Re. the delete/remove....Am I having a false memory, in that the 'old' forum allowed folk to modify or even remove posts..as long as they did it within 30 minutes, after posting.

Maybe folk could only modify their own posts during that time period ?

At least Will was able to completely remove the test post I put in on one of the boards he controls !

Have to go..got pretty retinal gloop spots flashing in my eyes at the mo'.
They'll be gone in an hour or so.
I'll do this later

I can mod mine, and presumably remove - I'll check after this post

Yep under the more button option to remove is there - goes modify, remove, report to mod. I suspect that it is both time limited and limited to the author, if that's the case the last is a tad redundant !

Techno 3

I'll check to see whether that's there......Boggered if I could see it yesterday.
I'll do this later

Techno 3

Nope....Just Modify & Report to Moderator.

Aha !......I wonder whether 'Playtester' gives you some extra facilities, Ian. :-\

I'll ask Leon to put me back to Global...and have another Doppelganger persona, which I'll just leave as just a member of the Forum.
I'll do this later

Hopefully this works

It didnt, was trying to paste a print screen in.

Leon

I've bumped you to Playtester and Team Pendraken, see if that makes a difference?

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 02 March 2022, 10:58:15 AMIt didnt, was trying to paste a print screen in.

The forum won't take a straight paste of any image, it always needs to be hosted somewhere.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Thanks Leon. Pushing more buttons on Phils last post I can report to moderator but not edit or remove it.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I canonly report this one to a.miderator...
Prod prod prod poke
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner