Comments on entries

Started by DecemDave, 18 February 2022, 10:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetgang

Just finished painting up the final entry for the single base category, I think my eyes, back and hands need a break! Anyway, for a bit of background on it here is more: http://lecoqfou.blogspot.com/2022/02/james-scott-duke-of-monmouth.html

2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Stupendous and inspirational work coming in now.  =D>
Since my will is weak, I may have to instruct my bank and credit card company to block (*) further transactions to companies based in Middlesbrough.   :D

(*) unless accompanied by the witness signatures of 3 adult forum members.

Ithoriel

Any time you need a signature ...... :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

LIkewise, but for £100 Pendraken Voucher
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Quote...
(*) unless accompanied by the witness signatures of 3 adult forum members.

I hope they don't check the mental age ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

The Baron

First time i've entered after lurking for years.  I was scared off of the historical competitions by the amazing standard of work there!  The Muslims and the Tirailliers are just outstanding. Two good examples from different ends of the gaming spectrum.
The Hoplites and Napoleonics are very special too, all in all not a single weak entry anywhere!
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!

DecemDave

Well welcome Baron lurker.

I agree, what some can achieve is incredible. 
For me, I am happy to see pics of any fellow nutter enthusiast's work that has something other than a single coat of spray primer.

But I remember that WAS a good game. Long before they turned phones into cameras though.   :D 

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Rhys

Managed to get a new video card for my computer just in time (and its not easy finding woprking bits for an 11 year old computer)
Attack Attack Attack until;
A: They're all dead.
B: We're all dead
Delete where applicable.

Steve J

Some incredible entries as always and I finally managed to snap some pics for a few entries this afternoon. As always it's going to be hard to select your favourites, given the quality of work already on show.

The Baron

Good luck everyone.  It's an amazing spread of work from some very talented people.
2022 Painting Competition - Winner!

Maraviglia

I have to say that early on I thought I had a reasonable chance in a few categories but now... well, whoever wins definitely deserves it. Quality entries all around ladies and gents!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

DecemDave

=D>  :-bd   Just voted and found it very tough.  Especially in the pre-20C foot where it took me 4 "pass throughs" to get down to the top 10. My apologies to all those I didn't vote for because I would have done if I was allowed more votes. I hope the artists in every category enjoyed creating their entries as much as I enjoyed drooling over them.  =P~  =P~

PS if someone out there could help me better the UK's usual showing in the Eurovision song contest that would be nice!  B)    8->

PPS  Send signatures

streetgang

Quote from: Maraviglia on 01 March 2022, 06:56:40 PMI have to say that early on I thought I had a reasonable chance in a few categories but now... well, whoever wins definitely deserves it. Quality entries all around ladies and gents!

This is how I feel, so many brilliant entries (including many of yours) and such stiff competition. Always incredibly impressed at the levels of brushwork out there. Good luck to all!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

FierceKitty

It wasn't easy to narrow the foot entries down to five.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.