Comments on entries

Started by DecemDave, 18 February 2022, 10:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

Started because we were told not to comment in the entry thread.

I can stay silent no longer. Even though some of the usual suspects will still be honing their winning entries at midnight on the 27th. Its terrific stuff so far.  Especially loving the geese and I just had to  =D>  =D> the medieval muslims.   So that's my 2028 project sorted! (unless the macedonians appear first)

steve_holmes_11

The standard is incredibly high. I don't know how you do it chaps.

And who would risk voting against the army of God?

Maraviglia

Quote from: DecemDave on 18 February 2022, 10:06:30 AMEspecially loving the geese 

Ta very much. I thought they'd be something a little different and they're REALLY nice models that probably not too many people have noticed.
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

mollinary

Thanks Dave for starting this. Must agree the Mediaeval Muslims in the desert are jaw dropping! 
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

QuoteThanks Dave for starting this. Must agree the Mediaeval Muslims in the desert are jaw dropping!

My immediate thought was "At last, an army with camel coloured camels".
It's an excellent display.

DecemDave

QuoteMy immediate thought was "At last, an army with camel coloured camels".

Indeed.

Any of our forum gurus or the army owner care to recommend 10mm camel painting techniques with vallejo/army painter/whatever codes ?  :-/  Like horses they have multiple tones and off whitey bits.  You have until 2029 to reply.  :D

streetgang

Submitted some items for the competition, a lot of fantastic entries this year (like always). Hoping to paint a few more and photograph them before the deadline, good luck to everyone! For anyone interested in the backstory behind my entries, more information here: http://lecoqfou.blogspot.com/2022/02/more-pendraken-painting-competition-2022.html
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!

paulr

Great looking entries and it definitely looks like a Scimitar to me :-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>

I think you meant Blues & Royals rather than Blues and Greys :-/
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Things are definitely hotting up.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

streetgang

QuoteGreat looking entries and it definitely looks like a Scimitar to me :-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>

I think you meant Blues & Royals rather than Blues and Greys :-/

X_X  X_X Haha! Oh brother, I guess as an American that "blue and grey" just seemed like a such a natural thing to write while I was making the post even if it was wrong.   ;D  ;D

Sotaisho

Well I think I've managed to upload my athenian Hoplites after a bit of faffing about with imgur😁 my first attempt at painting 10mm figures and I have to say I was very impressed, great detail and almost no flash. So now it's 🤞 😂

streetgang

I was just looking at your hoplites, smashing work. Love the vibrant colors, they really pop. Are they based for a specific set of rules?

Quote from: Sotaisho on 21 February 2022, 12:52:52 PMWell I think I've managed to upload my athenian Hoplites after a bit of faffing about with imgur😁 my first attempt at painting 10mm figures and I have to say I was very impressed, great detail and almost no flash. So now it's 🤞 😂

DecemDave

Quote from: streetgang on 21 February 2022, 01:02:37 PMI was just looking at your hoplites, smashing work.

Seconded. So that's 2031 sorted and 3rd Para have clearly been done at 28mm and shrunk by some magic process. 

Sotaisho

Thanks guys. I'm converting the great battles of history board game 'hoplite' into a miniatures game, hence the weird hex bases  ;D

Jesus

22 February 2022, 12:40:49 PM #14 Last Edit: 22 February 2022, 12:46:26 PM by Jesus
genial
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!