Assassination - Operation Anthropoid

Started by paulr, 15 February 2022, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

I came across a book published by the Czech Ministry of Defense on Operation Anthropoid - the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich.

A pdf of the book, in English, can be downloaded here

I've not read it as yet

I found this via this Forgotten Weapons Youtube video
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

Great find and interesting that it would lead to an official publication. I remember being in the city about 20 years ago on business and the taxi went past a church where people were putting lots of flowers along the street.  I asked what it was and quite by chance I had managed to pass the site of the last stand on the anniversary.  I walked back later.  So it is an event clearly embedded in Czech minds.

FierceKitty

Quote from: DecemDave on 16 February 2022, 09:03:32 AMGreat find and interesting that it would lead to an official publication. I remember being in the city about 20 years ago on business and the taxi went past a church where people were putting lots of flowers along the street.  I asked what it was and quite by chance I had managed to pass the site of the last stand on the anniversary.  I walked back later.  So it is an event clearly embedded in Czech minds.

There's a pretty comprehensive display at the church; worth popping into if you're looking for something else to do in Prague.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.