1809 Bavarians

Started by Stewart.gibson, 08 February 2022, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart.gibson

QuoteStewart, you asked about the use of fanions by the French infantry and when they were introduced.  The number of eagles was reduced to one per regiment by the Decree of December 1811.  Article 9 stated that the eagle was to be carried by the 1st Battalion with the remaining battalions having fanions "without inscription and to which no importance will be attached, nor any honors rendered".  Article 10 described the fanions as white for the 2nd battalion, red for the 3rd, blue for the 4th, green for the 5th and yellow for the 6th battalion.
QuoteThe Bavarian Army 1806-1813

John and others thanks for the information.  I have been led astray by the easily accessible sources like Osprey.  That said, why has their been such a debate about the issue?  I am able to find a copy of Bunde at Amazon with little difficulty.  Nor is it a challenge to find the correct????? paint

[/url]Untitled by Stu Gibson, on Flickr[/img]

I will still err to the lighter side because there are far too many blue troops on the battlefield, my tired old eyes need all the help they can get...

The fanion information will be of use for my Perry Waterloo French figures.  I drew the short straw and ended up with Prussians and a small force of French, well because, everyone has to paint French!

Speaking of the Bunde book, Amazon.ca  is bundling both the Bavarian and Saxon books.   As I will also be painting 1809 Saxons is that book worth the expenditure?

Stu
Active Projects

10mm 1809 Austrians, 1809 French,1809 Bavarians, Normans, Arabs

Rules
HFG, Marshal's Baton, Hail Caesar, Black Powder

John Cook

Quote from: Stewart.gibson on 13 February 2022, 11:59:23 PMSpeaking of the Bunde book, Amazon.ca  is bundling both the Bavarian and Saxon books.   As I will also be painting 1809 Saxons is that book worth the expenditure?

It is a very good study, but of the army from 1810.  So not so much if your interest is 1809 specifically.

Stewart.gibson

HI. Have ordered both as I am looking forward to the Peninsular war release.  I will be building elements of Rouyer's Division,

1st Brigade. -- General SCHWARZ (French).
1st Regiment of Nassau (no. 3 of the Confederation of the Rhine), Colonel von POLLNITZ.
4th Regiment of the Rhine (Saxon Duchies), Colonel von EGLOFFSTEIN.
2nd Brigade. -- Colonel von CHAMBAUD (of Anhalt).
5th regiment of the Rhine (Anhalt-Lippe), Colonel von CHAMBAUD.
6th Regiment of the Rhine (Schwarzburg-Waldeck-Reuss), Colonel von HEERINGEN.

Like I said I'll do anything to avoid Painting French figures dark blue.  Those figures will be painted. RED as. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Swiss

Stu
Active Projects

10mm 1809 Austrians, 1809 French,1809 Bavarians, Normans, Arabs

Rules
HFG, Marshal's Baton, Hail Caesar, Black Powder