Boro' go through to the next round

Started by pierre the shy, 05 February 2022, 12:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Mentioning this since I seem to recall Leon is a Middlesbourgh supporter....the old factory was just up the road from their ground.

Boro' got through to the 5th round of the FA Cup on penalties this morning after beating Man U at Old Trafford.....

That's a bit of an upset, though Man U has been struggling themselves in the last few years.

Still quite an acheivement by 'Boro though  :-bd   
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

steve_holmes_11

Magic of the cup - Shades of Ronnie Radford, etc etc...

John Cook

More importantly, the Six Nations starts today.

steve_holmes_11

QuoteMore importantly, the Six Nations starts today.
There's eight countries play the game and we're four of 'em - Max Boyce.

Leon

Yeah, that was quite a jammy win there!  Man Utd should have had that one finished by half-time but when you miss a penalty, hit the bar, hit the post and miss an open goal, you've only got yourself to blame!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

And they've done it again, this time putting Spurs to the sword  :o   

Looks like Spurs were more "spursy" than usual and threw in hte towel again.....one game they beat Man City who are leading the EPL and then they put on woeful performances against Burnley in the EPL and in the FA Cup v 'Boro

"It's enough to make you weep"  :'( 

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

steve_holmes_11

QuoteAnd they've done it again, this time putting Spurs to the sword  :o 

Looks like Spurs were more "spursy" than usual and threw in hte towel again.....one game they beat Man City who are leading the EPL and then they put on woeful performances against Burnley in the EPL and in the FA Cup v 'Boro

"It's enough to make you weep"  :'( 

Heard it on the radio.

Really impressive sounds fomr the home crowd.

Leon

And another big win!  Annoyingly I was watching on delay (paused it briefly to cook tea) so I didn't realise they'd switched to BBC2 at 10pm and I missed the goal... :'(

I think the draw is tomorrow night so let's see who we get to knock out next...  :P
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Having the 5th round as evening games has been an inspired choice. Helped by the 'big' clubs generally being away to the 'smaller'. Some excellent atmospheres.