Unread posts

Started by Lord Kermit of Birkenhead, 29 January 2022, 08:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

This morning the "unread posts" button keeps telling me there are none. "Updated Topics" says otherwise, as I would suspect havibng been offline for 24hrs. Looks like a bug to me.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

I suspected something like this a few days ago but thought it was probably only me
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

I get it quite often, when I can see there are responses to say an AAR I have posted, but nothing comes up when I use the Unread Posts button. The same thing happened on the old forum too.

Seems ok ATM, an intermittent bug then. My work rounds - use updated topics, or scroll to the bottom of the home page and hit the new posts. Fu**ing computers  >:(  :o

Steve J

I just tried the Updated Topics buttons and found 150 pages worth of stuff I'd missed :o . I tried clicking mark all messages as read to clear the backlog as it were, but it only clears one page at a time!

Steve J

I'm currently following your suggestions Ian, which are working perfectly well :) .

Glad to be of service !

Leon

I'll have to chase this up and see what's causing it.  I would suspect that the 150 pages of Updated Topics is probably to do with the upgrade, where it's showing a whole pile of threads that haven't actually been updated?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

It has continued after the upgrade Leon, but not sure why. Using a mix of Ian's suggestions works for the moment.

Steve J

Hmmm, the Updated Topics missed out two new topics this evening, one on aerials for AFVs and the other on Scams. Confused? I certainly am :(.

Leon I'm now not getting unread posts or updated topics.....

Phil2

You should see what I frigging get.  X_X  :'(  :'( 

Phil2 will do me for now. ;)  :P

03 February 2022, 11:57:22 AM #13 Last Edit: 03 February 2022, 12:41:35 PM by Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Your technical ability is well known Phil.  ;)  Problem cleared up after about an hour. Luck on finding the bug Leon

Big Insect

Interesting thread - I don't appear to be missing any threads or topics (based on what people are saying here).

But I tend to read most of the threads and them mark all the others I've not read/don't want to read as 'Read' so my Inbox is mostly empty (it's a work habit, as working in an organization with 110,000 colleagues, your Inbox can become overwhelmed if you are not careful  :D )
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.