Fish tank castles

Started by Sunray, 06 February 2023, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I stumbled on this on a search for castle ruins- the N gauge and HO&OO type from NOCH and other model railway kit.

Go on ebay and put in "fish tank castle ornaments" - lots of cheap resin castles, keeps and ruins which with a little plastic card, green stuff and castle bits from Leven,Total Battle etc and could feature on medieval, fantasy tables. 

The round turrets came after square in castle development so not all ornaments will suit for Dark Ages.

Ithoriel

My 28mm Chibi ninja have a Torii gate which was also a fish tank ornament. I also have a couple of items sold for use in "Fairy Gardens."

Who knew the latter was a thing?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Yes, good round up Nobby. Thank you!

A few points emerging:

1. A lot of Disney style turrets. I plan to use a hacksaw on a few and replace with Total Battle or Leven. 
2. WIDE range of prices for the same item- do shop around.
3. Although medieval for the main, the ruins could feature as an objective or strong point in games of the later era.

In general- it think it is a good "find".

Ithoriel

How about this, Will, for your Bunnies and Burrows stuff? :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

GrumpyOldMan

Now if you're after excessive scenery you could always go for :-

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 February 2023, 07:33:22 PMHow about this, Will, for your Bunnies and Burrows stuff? :)

Yes please
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner