Painting Competition 2022!

Started by Leon, 26 January 2022, 02:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: KeithS on 28 January 2022, 05:39:10 PMPossibly a bit of a foolish question, but I'll ask it anyway.  I am sure that there will be some absolutely amazing entries, but is there any reason why us average (or worse) painters shouldn't put something in just for the fun of taking part?
I can send you some photos of my entries as proof that average or worse entries are accepted.

My tactic is to enter in the categories with the fewest entries.   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Vincenzo21

I plan on having 3 cavalry per base, so 21 cavalry in total. Is one figure over the 20 max accepted?

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Vincenzo21 on 30 January 2022, 09:03:42 AMI plan on having 3 cavalry per base, so 21 cavalry in total. Is one figure over the 20 max accepted?

Can you enter 6 bases instead of 7?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Vincenzo21

Yeah I can, so I guess that's a no.

Leon

If you had a single base with 21 figures on it then we could probably allow it, as it's a lot of trouble to remove 1 figure!  But if they are based in 3's, then it's easy to just remove a base and photo 6 bases.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Vincenzo21

No worries, just wanted to see if I could've added 1 extra figure. Thanks for the reply.

Sotaisho

This looks very cool. I've painted up some Hoplites but I've used little big man transfers on the shields. Would this exclude them as an entry🤔
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!

fsn

QuoteThis looks very cool. I've painted up some Hoplites but I've used little big man transfers on the shields. Would this exclude them as an entry🤔
I'm sure that would be OK. I mean, you could be using different bases, paints, base materials etc.

I don't. Everything comes from Pendraken for me.  :^o
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Sotaisho on 30 January 2022, 04:09:38 PMThis looks very cool. I've painted up some Hoplites but I've used little big man transfers on the shields. Would this exclude them as an entry🤔

That would be fine, no worries.

Sotaisho

Maraviglia

This may be a daft question but how do I upload pictures to the forum? I see a lot of PC icons that I dont understand and I've only just figured out working media from my phone!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Maraviglia on 01 February 2022, 12:38:14 PMThis may be a daft question but how do I upload pictures to the forum? I see a lot of PC icons that I dont understand and I've only just figured out working media from my phone!

They would need to be hosted somewhere first, so a blog or photo storage account like Flickr, Photobucket, etc.  Once that's done you can then link to the image from here, using the image tags.  So what you'd end up with is something like:

[ img]www.maravigliasblog.co.uk/entry1.jpg [/img ]

Maraviglia

Quote from: Leon on 01 February 2022, 12:44:10 PMThey would need to be hosted somewhere first, so a blog or photo storage account like Flickr, Photobucket, etc.  Once that's done you can then link to the image from here, using the image tags.  So what you'd end up with is something like:

[ img]www.maravigliasblog.co.uk/entry1.jpg [/img ]
so what if I only have something like Twitter or Instagram and I find the forum layout intimidating/baffling?
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Raider4