SdKfz 251D/17

Started by Mako, 22 January 2022, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

I'd like to see the SdKfz 251D/17 model produced, which is a late-war, 1 x 20mm armed variant used in Panzergrenadier HQs and one for each platoon.

It appears that there are several variants, e.g. one with the standard 251D model hull, and just adding in the gun into the crew area, and one with the widened, angle-armor, drop-down sides.  They were used in both anti-vehicle, and anti-aircraft support roles.

The "standard model" also comes in a couple of variants, e.g. one with a narrow, all-round, angled-armor turret, and another with just the gun shield positioned to the front, as on the SdKfz 10/4 model.

Ideally, I'd like to see the one with the all-round turret armor produced, but suspect Pendraken could immediately field the one with the flat gun shield now, if they'd pair it for sale with their 251D halftrack, and the gun from their SdKfz 10/4 halftrack now.

If possible, I'd like to see two options for the gun mounts, e.g. leveled as if firing at ground targets, or when traveling, and another with the gun elevated as if firing at aircraft flying overhead. 

I hope Leon will consider offering at least the basic, standard model with their existing hull and gun as soon as possible.

See here for images of the various models of the SdKfz 251D/17 produced:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sdkfz+251%2f17&form=HDRSC3&first=1&tsc=ImageBasicHover

Ithoriel

GRV135
Sd.Kfz 251/17 Ausf. D, 20mm AA
£2.95 £2.46 (ex. VAT)
Pack contains 1 vehicle (1 hull, 1 gun, 2 tracks)

Get it before the price rise?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Mako

Thanks for the tip and link, but it looks like it is lacking the side panels, and/or side mesh.

Perhaps those are included but just not shown in the photo, or listed in the description.