WSS Casualty now available

Started by Leon, 21 January 2022, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

For Day 8 of our releases we've got a handy little casualty marker for the WSS range.  This one was commissioned by mollinary, who was very patient while we got it moulded up!  We might do a quick tweak to this for the SYW further down the line.

18th Century
Marlburian - https://www.pendraken.co.uk/marlburian-572-c.asp
MAL23   Casualty markers (10)   £1.85

Day 9 will see a similar batch of options for the Ancients ranges...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd
#:-S

Sir gave a pretty big clue for this one yesterday ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

I know, but with Black Powder units take 2-3 casualties before before breaking. So you need 2-3 markers for each unit with casualties.

In my case I have predominantly British and French, so will need sets of markers in red uniforms and grey uniforms.

That's without wanting the correct facings so you do not mistake the unit the marker is with. So I could be building up to 50 odd markers per side, as they would look so much nicer than plastic counters. :( 

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mollinary

QuoteI know, but with Black Powder units take 2-3 casualties before before breaking. So you need 2-3 markers for each unit with casualties.

In my case I have predominantly British and French, so will need sets of markers in red uniforms and grey uniforms.

That's without wanting the correct facings so you do not mistake the unit the marker is with. So I could be building up to 50 odd markers per side, as they would look so much nicer than plastic counters. :( 

I have bought 180, for exactly the reasons you describe, but so far, I've painted precisely ............ 4!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Quoteas they would look so much nicer than plastic counters. 

They absolutely do. Also better than pebbles, teeny dice or other crap often littering our little battlefields. Anyway, I finally cracked and put an order in.  I could not wait until day10, the tension was too much.  X_X

Given some recent threads, perhaps some members might care to switch to the bar fight thread?  or do we need some forum member casualty models?    :d  :d 

Phil2

You pay for them....I'll make them.
But.....Gerald Scarfe's cartoons would be a lot kinder.

P

fred.

Now I can see the need for red and grey coated casualty markers. But making sets that match facing colours, yikes!

I suppose if you did them at the time you painted the regiment then it would be no problem to do 3 extra figures. But retrospectively feels like a lot of work. Then you have to find the right ones during the game. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts