New Medieval codes!

Started by Leon, 19 January 2022, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithS

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 January 2022, 01:46:55 PMWhat's a Te Diem?

In the immortal words of Tom Lehrer:

"Oh we will all char together when we char.
And let there be no moaning of the bar.
Just sing out a te deum
When you see that i.c.b.m.,
And the party will be "come as you are."
I'll bring up the rest of the brigade.

FierceKitty

Doesn't make DEVS and DIES equivalent.  ;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Raider4

QuoteSo when is Phil producing the Kar98K and MP38/40 ? Got to arm the monks afterall
Surely we need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to arm the monks correctly?

Raider4

QuoteOh those knights are rather nice 8)
And to be slightly more serious, I do agree with this. Tempting . . .

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 19 January 2022, 01:43:13 PMLooking forward to seeing what the Italians are getting too!

I think you might have already seen it...  ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DecemDave

Quote from: fsn on 19 January 2022, 01:40:24 PM
  • Objectives - Norsemen kill those monks

And others.  Aethelfrith (presumably Anglian) is supposed to have slaughtered monks at Chester approx 613    Bede says that he decided to attack them because, although they were not armed, they were opposing him through their prayers. The number of dead monks was said to be about 1200, with only fifty escaping.

So thats 12 packs at 1:10 with some proxy of a running figure for the escapees. 
And then, those super knights!  Leon the puppet master strikes again.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

I'm getting monks. One of them will be St Francis Xavier.

Steve J

I thought that might be the case Leon :D .

FierceKitty

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 19 January 2022, 07:21:14 PMI'm getting monks. One of them will be St Francis Xavier.

Mmmm, good idea. I'm pinching that.

paulr

No pinching required :)

As with almost all ideas you can use it without depriving anyone else of it ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

QuoteMmmm, good idea. I'm pinching that.
QuoteI'm getting monks. One of them will be St Francis Xavier.

Once again I expose my ignorance.  Wikipedia tells me he was a Jesuit founder and a very active missionary. But where is he relevant to wargames?

FierceKitty

He got on very well with Oda Nobunaga.

Ithoriel

No one expects the Spanish Japanese Inquisition, our two  main weapons are fear, surprise .... and a fanatical devotion to the Shogun? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

DecemDave

Thanks guys. Shows how anglo-centric my so called knowledge is. I was thinking there are so many other choices of priests and monks who have encouraged the butchering of fellow humans in the name of God on the actual battlefield. Dark ages, Byzantines, Reconquista, Crusades, National wars in GB, HYW, Conquistadores,... Monk packs could be a best seller!  Yet this guy seemed more of an exceptionally well travelled missionary.   Guess it could work out the same depending on the ears that listen to you. So your Xavier will appear on a command stand presumably with a small pile of fire-wood around a pole behind him?  Oh that was a different thread....