10mm Painting Service

Started by Chad, 19 January 2022, 09:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

As I move into my 75th year it is becoming increasingly difficult to paint 10mm figures. I would appreciate any recommendations for a painting service for 10mm.

Thanks

Chad

Westmarcher

Didn't you previously have a painter you were happy with? (or was that another Chad?). When compiling a list many years ago (probably out of date now), for some reason I've taken note of the following statement from a "Chad" whom I presumed was yourself - "Having figures painted - have at last found a good UK painter" - Chad.

Anyway, my notes include Mickey's Minis Blog(?), Battle Brush Studios(?), Kev1964 also painted some figures for Mollinary some years ago and Toxicpixie has (had?) a service called JTP Painting. I've never used them, by the way, but will be interested in any other recommendations because one day, I expect I, too, may have to pack up the paint brushes.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Chad

Yes I have a good painter but he seems very busy at the moment so I was looking for a second painter I could use.

John Cook

I too am approaching 75 and my eyesight is also not what it was.  Painting miniatures is such an important part of the hobby for me I won't give it up and the idea of having somebody else paint my figures for me is an anathema.  I tried various options from the Optivisor and a magnifying lamp but none really worked for me.
One day I put my wife's reading glasses on, the kind you can pick up in Boots or Lloyds for about £10 or so.  To cut a long story short they were the perfect solution and I now have four pairs from 1.25x for most stuff to a 4x for really close work.  If you don't want to give up painting, I recommend them.   

Chad

John

My problem is not the visual aspect of painting, it is the need for a steady hand 100% of the time while painting. I have to decide each day if I can paint detail or concentrate on larger and simpler areas of the figures. This often result in figures being 80/90% finished and sitting waiting to be finished. For example, I have 10mm waiting to be finished, 15mm just reaching the small detail point and some 15mm just primed to start.

John Cook

Chad,  Sorry, I didn't appreciate the nature of the difficulty and made an assumption. 

Chad