Napoleonic Wars Sweden

Started by Vincenzo21, 18 January 2022, 10:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincenzo21

Hello,

I would love to see Sweden added for the Napoleonic wars. It would make a great addition to the existing ranges.
Sweden participated in many wars during the Napoleonic conflict.

Franco-Swedish War (1805-1810)
Finnish War (1808–1809)
Dano-Swedish War of (1808–1809)
Swedish–Norwegian War (1814)
War of the Sixth Coalition (1813–1814)

Thanks,
Vince

For the General figure you could have, Georg Carl von Döbeln. As a lieutenant, Döbeln took part in Gustav III's Russian War and was shot in the head at the Battle of Porrassalmi. The wound did not heal properly and he was forced to wear a black silken bandanna for the rest of his life

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It's one Ive used in 15, nice army but hardly a major player. Still add my vote.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

This has been requested before, and it's on my request list, but Leon has said it's not likely because other companies that have introduced Swedish lines have had pitifull sales.

Vincenzo21

That's a shame, you can only hope.

Aksu

Hullo,
Shameless plug for our Russo-Swedish war site GeMiGaBoK Russo-Swedish war site
At a pinch you can probably find e.g. Austrian Jagers or other proxy figures, or go with "campaign dress" which would probably be "rags" for this campaign. I suppose for the later campaigns the Swedes used uniforms that were more standard in appearance.
As to why Swedes are not very popular, I'd suppose being on the periphery is a factor. And the Russo-Swedish war is very challenging when it comes to playing any bigger battles, at least the historical ones are either small or not very good scenarios for games. And of course the whole Swedish strategy was bonkers.
Cheers,
Aksu

Zippee

fsn

+1 on the Swedes.

The Round hats could be useful as proxies for others ... British Marines, Danish, some lesser German states. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mbrien1988

I vote for the Swedish forces as well!

Skål!

Chad

Hope you have more luck with my request to update and extend the French Revolution range. 😔

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!