A brief history of the royal family

Started by Last Hussar, 17 January 2022, 11:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

That was very good.  Shame it did not end with Cromwell  :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Cromwell? Here comes the new king, same as the old king.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 18 January 2022, 07:43:03 AMA commited republican then ?

Well the current lot are not doing so well are they? One is threatening to sue the UK Government, and another is facing a civil action that effectively suggests he is an abuser of young girls. While this may well be money grabbing allegations, it is rather damning for him that he does not seem to have any alibi or proof of his innocence. 

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Are the presidents and "Glorious Leaders" around the world any better?

"The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sunjester

Quote from: Orcs on 18 January 2022, 02:14:50 PMWell the current lot are not doing so well are they? One is threatening to sue the UK Government, and another is facing a civil action that effectively suggests he is an abuser of young girls. While this may well be money grabbing allegations, it is rather damning for him that he does not seem to have any alibi or proof of his innocence. 

:-bd  A fine example, five letters, begins with T.

Last Hussar

You don't need proof of evidence. That's not how a western justice system works.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 20 January 2022, 06:23:23 PMYou don't need proof of evidence. That's not how a western justice system works.

No but none of the alibis he has given have been authenticated. No admits to seeing   him in the Pizza restaurant. He does not have any receipt for being there or proof of payment. His own daughters do not remember him taking them there. None of the Royal protection team have come forward to confirm they were with him that day

No medical evidence given yet about his supposed lack of sweating.

He has consistently avoided answering questions or supplying evidence that would disprove his accuser.

While none of this proves his guilt, it does make his claims of innocence look rather suspect. He was until recently a Royal whose every move was shadowed by personal protection officers, yet neither he nor they cannot account for his whereabouts on the dates he was allegedly abusing this girl or girls.

Last Hussar

You still have prove he did what he is accused of.

GNU PTerry

John Cook

I know that we don't all share the same views on these matters but do we need to air them here?  I would say not.

flamingpig0

I wonder if the Royal Family will survive the death of the Queen
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: John Cook on 21 January 2022, 06:48:36 PMI know that we don't all share the same views on these matters but do we need to air them here?  I would say not.

Exactly...
Arma Pacis Fulcra