What the last rules set you played in 2022

Started by pierre the shy, 15 January 2022, 10:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwydion

I haven't played Irregular Wars in ages (want to play again now) but I had to dig them out and have a look through to see. You're right (sorry this is no help at all) I can't find any other victory conditions for a straight up fight than in the description: 'two foes whose sole aim is to drive their opponent from the battlefield'.
So I guess that's it, although just below this he does encourage players to devise their own scenarios, and I guess by extension, victory conditions, if you don't want to be slogging it out to the last musket/club.

I'd not noticed before - probably because we always devised scenarios with set objectives - relieve the fort, capture the supply wagons sort of thing.
Thanks for reminding me of a great set of rules though!
Sorry I couldn't find anything either.

Steve J

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Shadow of the Eagles
2) What armies were confronted? - British vs French 1815
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Very, even though a while since I last played them.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo.
6) What went well? - The first game I forgot a few things, but the second game pretty much everything worked fine. These are playtest games to get au fait with the rules in advance of a Waterloo game next week.
7) What could have been improved? - Not a lot really as I was trying out various situations to get to know the rules. The second game was a convincing win for the Brits as the French tried to force a ridgeline and were bloodily repulsed.
http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!

paulr

Isn't practicing considered akin to cheating in some circles ;)

A couple of games to get refamiliar with the rules makes a lot of sense to me :)

I look forward to hearing about the Waterloo game
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

As I will be taking on the role of Wellington, I need to be au fait with the rules as some of the other players will never have played them before. Or you could just say I'm cheating ;)  ;D .
http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: paulr on 30 June 2022, 08:26:18 PMIsn't practicing considered akin to cheating in some circles ;)

A couple of games to get refamiliar with the rules makes a lot of sense to me :)

I look forward to hearing about the Waterloo game

And it ruins the fun  :P
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

"I wouldn't give tuppence for all the rest" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data