Acrylic Paint Pens

Started by KeithS, 15 January 2022, 04:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

These are mostly done with various pens

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lasthussar/albums/72157675414083037

You can see the battalion colours on the Austrians (possibly). As posted before these are 8mm MDF flats.

Its difficult to get into the neck because of the curve.

On the Austrians' regimental trim on cuffs and jacket bottom it is good, I find the pen much easier to control a pen than a paint brush.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

steve_holmes_11

QuoteI've seen a few reports of fading, but I am hoping that sealing/varnishing the figures might help with this.  Plus I generally keep the figures in a drawer out of direct sunlight so that might also help.
My issue wasn't sunlight, the minis had been in their boxes for the best part of a year, with no handling.

My current best guess is based on the pen pigment bleeding into the paint base coat.
Though if this were the case, I'd expect some residual staining..

Even Watson can't figure this one out.

FierceKitty

I had that experience once; green designs I'd drawn on shields leaked everywhere, and through about four subsequent overpaintings. Only green has given me this problem.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

KeithS

Quote from: Last Hussar on 18 January 2022, 08:16:59 AMThese are mostly done with various pens

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lasthussar/albums/72157675414083037

You can see the battalion colours on the Austrians (possibly). As posted before these are 8mm MDF flats.

Its difficult to get into the neck because of the curve.

On the Austrians' regimental trim on cuffs and jacket bottom it is good, I find the pen much easier to control a pen than a paint brush.

Very nice work, I'm guessing that pens are better suited for these type of flats than perhaps 3D metal figurines.
I'll bring up the rest of the brigade.

Last Hussar

I think pen have a place, but it is a place. They are neither a panacea, nor something to be avoided.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry