Arab-Israeli range preview!

Started by Leon, 05 January 2022, 07:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

05 January 2022, 07:25:51 AM Last Edit: 05 January 2022, 07:28:22 AM by Leon
With a new year comes some new projects and it's nice to get this one underway!  All of the sculpts for our upcoming Arab-Israeli range have arrived at Pendraken HQ and we started master moulding them this week.  We'll be fitting the production moulding in around the Peninsular project so I'm expecting these to be ready for release around April time hopefully.

Israelis

Advancing with FN FAL, AK47 and GPMG / Standing firing FN FAL and Uzi / Kneeling firing FN FAL:
Israeli1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Prone firing GPMG and FN FAL on bipod / GPMG on tripod / 52mm mortar / Mortar crew / .50cal MG:
Israeli2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

RPG-7 / Bazooka team / Rifle grenadier / Radio Op / Officers / Artillery crews:
Israeli3 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Egyptians

Advancing with AK47, SMG and RPG MG / Standing firing AK47 and SMG / Kneeling firing AK47 and SMG:
Egyptian1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Prone firing RPD MG / Mortar crew / MMG team / Sagger team / RPG-7:
Egyptian2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Engineers / Radio Op / Officers / Artillery crews:
Egyptian3 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Syrians

Advancing with AK47 and RPD MG / Standing firing AK47 / Kneeling firing AK47 / Prone RPD MG:
Syrian1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Mortar crews / MMG team / Sagger team / RPG-7 / Engineers:
Syrian2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Radio Op / Officers / Artillery crews:
Syrian3 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

That should keep us busy for a while!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

That's a lot of figures - and I suspect with much wider use possible too

Leon, can I suggest that you double check some of the arms - as some look rather long and others quite chunky - might just be angles of photos. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

NOOOOOOOO! :)

I have just watched "Valley of Tears". My wallet is already hiding as I have been looking up lists and paint colours.

They are really nice figures.  Having seen them they are even nicer in the "flesh"
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

DecemDave

QuoteNOOOOOOOO! :)

Oh but YES.  I shall have to petition HMG for a Winter Figure Payment.    :D

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kustenjaeger

Look good.

I can see April being expensive :-)

Edward

holdfast

The engineers will do nicely to bolster the engineers at Alamein. Chap with a reel of lane marking tape especially useful.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Glorfindel

Perfect timing as I've just started a 10mm Arab-Israeli project and these minis look the business.   

I'm certainly no expert on this period and wondered whether the range will cover both the Six Day War and Yom Kippur ?

Phil

Sunray

Quote from: Glorfindel on 06 January 2022, 01:22:03 PMPerfect timing as I've just started a 10mm Arab-Israeli project and these minis look the business.   

I'm certainly no expert on this period and wondered whether the range will cover both the Six Day War and Yom Kippur ?

Phil

Leon and I had a long discussion about this. The problem is the developments in small arms/kit in the six years between these two wars. The Egyptians in partricular with the unqiue combat vets. Now a few IDF figures will be valid for '67,and the Syrians could proxy with a paint job for a lot of Arab armies. Africa bush war buffs will see Cuban options?

We did not cover the Jordanians as there is no evidence of engagement by their infantry in 73. Their armour made a cameo apperance on the Syrian front.

I have to say Phil(Techno) Lewis has done a tremendous job in crafting what is the best 10mm Arab/Israeli 1973 figure range on the market.
Love the sculpt of Ariel Sharon!

Orcs

I have just got the "Tank Battles in Miniature" Guide to the Arab-Israeli Wars off the bookshelf. - There goes my little self restraint. :)   
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sunray

Quote from: Orcs on 08 January 2022, 12:02:52 PMI have just got the "Tank Battles in Miniature" Guide to the Arab-Israeli Wars off the bookshelf. - There goes my little self restraint. :)   

I found the actions against the Syrians on the northern front translated better to the table than the crossing of the canal or Sinai - but that's just a personal opinion.

Gwydion

Sunray

Quote from: Gwydion on 08 January 2022, 01:23:07 PMNeed some BMPs for '73

Yes, its a new range, so a few bits and bobs still in the pipeline- the M38 jeep with 106RRm, the Makm 160mm, the IDF Tiran 4/5 etc etc.