Reasons to be cheerful . . .

Started by Raider4, 22 December 2021, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I'm very depressed, so thjete are no reasons to be cheerful. Bloody Xmas  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Hang in there, it will soon be over.

But it's all going to happen again next year  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Ithoriel

Quote from: pierre the shy on 23 December 2021, 06:53:30 PM9 degrees F I take it if you're talking about hypothermia?

Having seen and almost experienced it myself during a tramp in the Tararuas some years ago its not something to take lightly.

Rhetorical hyperbole, Peter, 9C.

However, as we get older we are more at risk from hypothermia in our own homes if they get particularly cold. I have had days here where the temperature in the fridge was higher than the temperature in the kitchen!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Heedless Horseman

Shops will stop playing Xmas songs!

"All I want For Christmas Is YOOOO..."
Why not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-iFsxSNN2c
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

FierceKitty

Happy happies, everyone. Even Ian.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 01 January 2022, 06:44:18 AMHappy happies, everyone. Even Ian.

I'm NEVER cheerful brain the size of a planet......

Ithoriel

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 01 January 2022, 08:45:14 AMI'm NEVER cheerful brain the size of a planet......

You wouldn't be you, Ian, if you weren't channeling your inner Eeyore on the forum :)

To everyone else, Happy 2022!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Quote from: Ithoriel on 01 January 2022, 12:32:44 PMYou wouldn't be you, Ian, if you weren't channeling your inner Eeyore on the forum :)

I'm that depressing - GOOD  :'(  :'(  :'(  :d  :d

Heedless Horseman

Strange thought. Back at 3 or so... Pooh was stupid. Piglet annoying. Eeyore was... comfortable! At age 3!
Grow Thistles!  ;)

Heedless Horseman

Shops open... ok... had to wait for 1/2 hr... but Essential Supplies of Cigs, Beer and some Rations Replenished.  :)

Non smokers will have No Idea how Depressing it is to find that, upon breaking open 'Emergency' supply of Rolling Baccy / Paper... Fingers just do not seem capable anymore.  :(

Still... back into 'Line'... and Foxes seem to have enjoyed their treat of unused foodstuff.  :)

Not at all sure about 2022... but 'What Ho!'  ;)  :)

paulr

Just had 5-6 friends turn up to assist with tidying up our 2 car garage  :-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>  :-bd
which we couldn't fit any cars in, in fact it was there was limited walking room :-[  :-[

In less than 3 hours one carload of cardboard has gone to the recycling depot and a caged trailer of rubbish has gone to the tip, garage swept out and remaining boxes stacked back in the garage :-bd  :-bd  :-bd

They picked up a bit more rubbish on the way to the tip from another friend's place :-bd

With a bit of careful rearranging of the remaining boxes we could now fit two cars in :)  :)

We lent our lawn mower & weed-eater to a couple of the friends, they returned them and have insisted  on mowing our lawn :)  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 02 January 2022, 11:04:47 PMJust had 5-6 friends turn up to assist with tidying up our 2 car garage  :-bd  =D>  :-bd  =D>  :-bd

We lent our lawn mower & weed-eater to a couple of the friends, they returned them and have insisted  on mowing our lawn :)  :)

Where do I find friends like these, or can I borrow yours...?!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

;D  ;D  ;D

I'm very lucky to be associated with the Filipino community here in Wellington through my wife :)

They have a very strong cooperative spirit referred to as bayanihan
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 02 January 2022, 11:14:54 PMI'm very lucky to be associated with the Filipino community here in Wellington through my wife :)

They have a very strong cooperative spirit referred to as bayanihan.

That's really nice, I like that kind of community spirit.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!