Merry Christmas everybody!

Started by Leon, 24 December 2021, 08:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

kustenjaeger

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

Pendraken makes every year better  :)

Edward

ronan

flamingpig0

Merry  Xmas- without wargaming I might have not bothered and gone completely feral.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

fsn

Well that's over for another year.

Just need to get through the "let's have a look back at the last year" compendium, and then we can get back to normal.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But nothing is normal ATM. Understand and appreciate the thought though.  ;)  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Have to admit...not looking forward to going back to the 'one way' system in Tesco's tomorrow....that's one thing that's definitely abnormal.

But if it helps in anyway to stop 'the spread'.......

Still feel a bit lie Mr Creosote, this morning. ;)

Hope you all had a good one !

Cheers - Phil. :)

Steve J

As the other devolved parliaments measure kick in today, I'm wondering what, if anything, will happen here in England to help limit the spread of the virus. I received a letter to book an appointment for physio for my back problems, only to be told that they are not doing routine work at present due to the Omicron variant and the issues surrounding it. Fair enough as I can manage at present, but it does show the pressures the NHW is under.

fred.

26 December 2021, 10:24:07 AM #23 Last Edit: 26 December 2021, 10:26:04 AM by fred.
So what did people get (gaming wise) for Xmas?

I got some Pendraken bits; a few figures, MDF buildings and lots of bases.
I also got a foam cutter - looking forward to trying that out
A new cutting mat that I aim to keep for cutting not covering in paint and glue like the existing ones
And  some tufts for basing.

Also a couple of history books

:)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

DecemDave

QuoteI'm wondering what, if anything, will happen here in England to help limit the spread of the virus.
My guess is not much unless the death toll climbs massively.  The elites can avoid it through limiting contacts, better access to healthcare and the nous/wealth to navigate the disruptions caused to ordinary folk by the growing staff and service absences.  Omicron is their dream "herd immunity" variant - everyone will get it, not so many get really ill and those who do can be dismissed as anti-vaxxers so it will be reported as their own fault.  The devolved governments take more action because they lean left and its "the people" that are being mainly affected.

On the other hand, if Jenny Harries takes control, we could all be separated into individual containment cells at gunpoint.

I think my natural cynicism is in overdrive today due to the bath of warm goo that was the Christmas Day media.

DecemDave

QuoteSo what did people get (gaming wise) for Xmas?
:)

Well its fake as I am just making others fund my own choices but:

The 2 army pack+17 packs of Pendraken figs mentioned before to kick-off my "age of Arthur" project. (no I haven't finished all the other projects yet).
The Dumbarton Oaks first variant version of "The History of the Kings of Britain"  source book (!!) for said project.
Waterloo Solitaire game book. (in case we are locked down again)
The masters paintbrush cleaning kit.  (New Years resolution)

Ithoriel

Gaming wise, just the Horizon: Zero Dawn board game basic set and an expansion set.

I expect to show off painted examples of the figures from the game by 1st January ..........2193! :)

Otherwise, a few edible presents and a donation to charity in my name.

My house is already bulging at the seams with "stuff" so there's very little that isn't either gaming or computer related that I want, let alone need.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data