Spartans and Successors

Started by steve_holmes_11, 03 November 2021, 01:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Poking about the corners of the Internet last night I ran across a new release.
Spartans and Successors by Graham Evans (Trabian on this forum).

£5 and free postage from https://thelittlecorporal.co.uk/spartans-and-successors-1568-p.asp

Grid based, powered by cards, DBA size armies and focused on the wars of Greek fellows with pointy sticks.
I've ordered a copy on the bases that you can't go too far wrong for a fiver.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

jimduncanuk

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 03 November 2021, 01:11:27 PM

Poking about the corners of the Internet last night I ran across a new release.
Spartans and Successors by Graham Evans (Trabian on this forum).

That would be 'Trebian'.

http://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.com/
My Ego forbids a signature.

BKC Grenadier

Thanks for that Steve, Never heard of them until your post, but nice addition to the Portable Wargame and FK&P and TtS lol......more grids so.  Wargames Vault PDF thank heavens for the internet, added to my already oversized rule collection  ;D ;D ;D

steve_holmes_11

Received my set on Friday and only had time for a very quick skim through.

Everything looks neatly laid out and economically written.
A busy weekend has kept me away from more deliberate reading.
I hope to make a couple of passes though during the coming week.

Trebian

Quote from: BKC Grenadier on 04 November 2021, 07:55:35 PMThanks for that Steve, Never heard of them until your post,

The challenge for small publishers such as me is getting the story out there. I advertise on TMP and also use the Wargame Directory, and run a FB page and a blog as given above. I follow one or two forums, but there are so many it is hard to keep up with them and get any work done. I have been thinking about splashing out on an advert in one of the glossies, but they aren't cheap and the margins at my end of the scale - especially on a £5 set of rules - aren't enormous.

So thanks to Steve for starting the thread.

steve_holmes_11

QuoteThe challenge for small publishers such as me is getting the story out there. I advertise on TMP and also use the Wargame Directory, and run a FB page and a blog as given above. I follow one or two forums, but there are so many it is hard to keep up with them and get any work done. I have been thinking about splashing out on an advert in one of the glossies, but they aren't cheap and the margins at my end of the scale - especially on a £5 set of rules - aren't enormous.

So thanks to Steve for starting the thread.
One hopes the hobby is still intact enough that digital word of mouth will help.

Happy to do my bit.

But please look out for my dumb "how does this bit work" questions.
The old grey cells aren't as agile as they once were.

Trebian

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 15 November 2021, 12:22:03 PMBut please look out for my dumb "how does this bit work" questions.

Happy to support any and all of my rule sets. There's an email address at the back, if you want to email direct. I keep n eye of forums, but as I have demonstrated here, I do miss things from time to time.