Making a stone circle

Started by Steve J, 08 December 2021, 08:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I've put a post on my Blog about how I go about making my terrain, in this case a simple stone circle:

https://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.com/2021/12/making-stone-circle.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Good stuff! Nice and simple, but it's very good to see it done & have it explained step-by-step.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Very nice indeed, Steve. :-bd

Simple, but very effective

If I might pick you up on one mistake.....You haven't aligned it to the Winter Solstice properly. ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Elliesdad

Very nice Steve. The consistency of your bases/terrain is impressive and the stone circle is a perfect match. 👍👍
I trust you've left sufficient gap between the stones for your MDF troops to fit. Ha ha. ;)  ;)

Take care & keep safe,

Geoff

Ps - and, talking of consistency, I note my iPad still doesn't want to post this to your blog...

mmcv

DecemDave

Super.  My Ancient Brits are threatening to refuse battle until they get one.  So thanks for publishing the how to.

Steve J

Thanks chaps and glad it's been useful :) .

Quote from: DecemDave on 09 December 2021, 09:10:31 AMSuper.  My Ancient Brits are threatening to refuse battle until they get one.  So thanks for publishing the how to.

If you want a more complete one there used to be a model of Stone Henge on Amazon, got one a few years back.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

It would be pretty easy to make your own henge with carved foam blocks. Now there's a thought... :-\ .

Raider4

Quotehttps://www.english-heritageshop.org.uk/build-your-own-stonehenge

Oooh, I've got that somewhere, still in it's box.

(checks)

Tallest blocks are about 40mm.

Ithoriel

QuoteOooh, I've got that somewhere, still in it's box.

Mine too!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data