Forum Upgrade

Started by Leon, 07 December 2021, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's been a few weeks since the forum got it's upgrade so we've been compiling the feedback and Stewart's made some changes for us:

Top Bar Logo - Moved to the right hand side like it used to be.

Member Images and Post Count icons - These will need to be recreated and uploaded again.

Login - Issue fixed where the login popup wouldn't show if you weren't on the www. version of the site by forcing the www.

New Member Registration - Turned back on.

Post Boundaries - Done (this option was well hidden in the admin!)

Auto-Login - Can't find the error on this, unable to replicate the issue?

Forum Time - This should be sorted (it was a daylight saving thing I think)

Blue Colour Scheme - Blue changed to something a little softer.

Font Size - Increased the overall font size of the site slightly, should all be relative but some bits may still be specifically stated at a pixel size (old way of doing it but legacy stuff creeps in sometimes)

Font Colour - No change yet, the colour looks OK on most machines and complies with accessibility requirements by a large margin too (https://contrastchecker.online/4d4d4d/e7eaef).  Will keep an eye on it and see if it's an issue going forward with the bigger font.

Code in Signatures - Signatures are mostly fine but some members still have old html code in their sigs, so people will need to check and edit those themselves.

News Box - This is now working on the home page and will cycle through the latest news.

Keep the feedback coming in and we'll see what other adjustments we can make. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Good new Leon

Changes look good, the slightly larger font helps - and probably works with the standard text colour.

Edit - and yes, post time seems to be right now too
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Yes the larger font definitely helps
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Corrected my time, though with my user mane I am thinking about using Troll Time !

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

It certainly looks better for me.

d_Guy

It is very crisp and clean - I like it, in fact I no longer remember what the old forum looked like.
Thanks for fixing the banner click to your commercial site.  :-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Scorpio_Rocks

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Raider4

QuoteMember Images and Post Count icons - These will need to be recreated and uploaded again.

My avatar is still displaying fine, without me doing anything. Post 'rank' badges are not working.

hammurabi70

Significantly more comfortable to use, although personally I find the blue is still a bit harsh for my eyes but I have the impression there is less of it on a page and is less intrusive.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Orcs on 07 December 2021, 07:47:17 PMwith my user mane 

Do you get that trimmed at the local Turkish barbers ?

Only roughly 36hrs but seems to have reverted to keeping me fully logged in.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 08 December 2021, 05:07:08 PMDo you get that trimmed at the local Turkish barbers ?

Only roughly 36hrs but seems to have reverted to keeping me fully logged in.
;D  ;D

Orcs

On the old foprum when you clicked on somones moniker it showed when they last accessed the forum. That does not seem to be on the new version.

mmcv

QuoteOn the old foprum when you clicked on somones moniker it showed when they last accessed the forum. That does not seem to be on the new version.
It shows "Last Active" on their profile which is the same thing I think

hammurabi70

Spent 20 minutes writing a post but when posted it disappeared.  Was that because someone had added a post to the thread during that period?  Will new posts prevent posting on threads by WIP posts?