PSC 10mm tanks for PSC (yeah, I know...)

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 07 December 2021, 09:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Si asked me to paint some spare tanks from the PSC new 10mm plastic 10mm WW2 range for PSC to go with 'Divisions of Steel' (due out in the New Year). These MIGHT go on towards the art on the boxes, maybe. Pity I only had a few days to do them, but hopefully they are okay.

Starting with British Shermans

Understrength squadrons.

What's missing? Oh yeah, all the flames.

Same lighting conditions, same paint, why does the firefly look yellower?

Still does

Weird

Universal carriers (the centre section is a seperate piece, some trimming required)

Drat, stars weren't straight

Think the sides warped?

Least happy with these tbh  :'(

Churchills (my 2nd favourite WW2 tank)

Tank tracks warped, had to really shape these back to fit

Rumble

Longstop Hill, drop the bucket... I always get those two mixed up!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Longstop_Hill

Okay, those look good!

Mighty

Waiting to reply...

Panzer IVHs

von Luck woz 'ere!

Panzers vor!

Bendy barrels

EXTERMINATE!

Bit clean maybe!

Muddy stug(gy)s

Lurking stug...

Hidden stug

Brrrrrmmm

Some say confidence is a virtue for the habitual voyeur of what is known as, stug-life

Panthers-painted and then one of the turrets disappeared -gah!

Pandas advance

Brewer's droop?

That's a BAD day for the British armour!

But a good day if you're a typhoon pilot

And this makes it a VERY bad day for the allied armour!

Nasty

The temptation to paint a pink paint splat on it's rear was massive!

Ohh, they brought squishy friends!

Brum...

Here comes the infantry

Cram them in!

Photographed them, packed them all up, sealed the boxes carefully, wrote the address and then found the missing turret!

Oops, sitting on the floor, just by my daughter's piano stool.

No, I definitely checked there! Oh well, package reassembled and sent now.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Nice work there Will and an awful lot of armour you've painted! Sadly I couldn't help but notice bad flash lines around the Sherman's barrels and the very distorted Universal Carriers. Not your fault of course but I expected better quality kits to be honest.

Raider4

Agree with Steve J - the painting is great, but the models . . . fair bit of warping, flash & bendy barrels. These are new plastic models?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Heedless Horseman

Plastic Soldier Co. 20mm and 15mm are great. But, frankly... if they are intending to co up against expanding Victrix range in 10mm plastic... they need to improve A LOT!
Warps, mould lines and flash should not be there on new sculpts / moulds.
I suspect rushed.

Could be useable. Bent barrels can straighten with warmth. Flash / Mould Lines, scraped. Warps... a lot can be 'hidden' with Crew, Stowage or Camo... but... not impressed. Nowadays, buyers do NOT want to 'work' on small scale pieces.

In pics, all tanks are 'Buttoned Up'. Victrix have an open hatch/ Commander option... a very useful sell point.

Painting fine... German Camo nice. Thank You for posting, M'Lord  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

fred.

They really aren't great models are they!

PSC 15mm stuff is fantastic. These aren't. Are they made in hard plastic (eg Airfix kit style) or a more bendy polythene toy type of plastic?

Have to say they look more like toys than models.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Westmarcher

Good work on poor quality models.  :-bd

But over 40 photos (many of which virtually showed the same) and a video was just too much to scroll through (perhaps a half a dozen  representative photos and link to your blog would have been a better alternative?).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I tried my best, but they're not a patch on Pendraken's!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Westmarcher on 07 December 2021, 12:51:30 PMGood work on poor quality models.  :-bd
Thanks
Appreciate the feedback on quantity. Thanks

Orcs

Must admit that I go for quality rather than cost these days, and these are not great at all. 

As has been said, they are not a patch on Pendrakens stuff. Mind you not a lot of 10mm out there is.

The newish PSC 15mm and 20mm figures are not that brilliant either. I have some of the Adler figures the 20m is based on and its a shame yuo can no longer buy them from Adler as the metal ones are so much better.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

I hope these are from a tool test run and that they were playing around with the settings as well as popping them off the tool too early :-\