OHW Scenario 9 AAR

Started by Steve J, 30 November 2021, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Lots of photos!

I understand your point around the scenario - I do find this with some of the withdrawal style scenarios that they can become unbalanced rather easily. 

Feels that most games / rules are setup for fairly even conditions. But IRL once one side realises the other is withdrawing they are likely to advance much quicker to try to catch them (at least until they hit a rear guard). We also had similar issues with reinforcements that are too slow to get into the game. Most war games seem to operate in a very compressed time frame compared with real world actions. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno II

Nice one, Steve. :-bd

If it clarified a few things for you..that's all to the good.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Elliesdad

Another good battle report Steve. The terrain, as ever, is first rate and I just love your MDF figures. 5 stars from me. I look forward with anticipation to the arrival of your MDF reinforcements and to their deployment in future battles.

As your comments suggested, Blue did seem to be on a "hiding to nothing". Still, you've gotta play the cards you're dealt. In any event - Well done those Red skirmishers. They inflicted significant casualties to the enemy and punched well above their weight.

I have tried to post this to your blog, but (for some reason) my iPad doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Take care & keep safe,

Geoff

Steve J

Thanks chaps :) .

@ Geoff. I don't know why your comment won't go through, but others that normally post OK have been being seen as Spam. Thanks for your comments anyway!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd

The last photo above does emphasise the 2D nature of the figures in the battalion facing to the left but still looks good. Moving the camera right or left a little would reduce the effect.

Withdrawals are difficult to conduct in practice and even harder on the table ~X(
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!