German WWII 2 Wheel limber

Started by T13A, 19 November 2021, 11:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Just about to paint up a couple of German WWII 2 wheeled (horse) limbers (GRX2), bought mainly in case I want to transport some 120mm mortars about the battlefield but suddenly realised I haven't a clue as to what colour they should be. Is it a case of it's really up to me or would they have specific colour schemes depending on which year of the war I am doing (like AFV's)? Grateful for any thoughts.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

fred.

I tend to align my German soft skin colours with the switch of AFVs from Panzer Grey to Dunkel Gelb.  

I think there is plenty of evidence that this switch over was a long process, even more so for soft skins - so grey is probably fine if you want them to do double duty. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

IIRC there's some great colour film shot at the end of WWII by one of the great American Hollywood directors of German troops in various trucks etc surrendering to the Allies. There were all manner of colours and camo schemes, so grey would cover right across the period IMHO. If you want a splash of colour, some of the canvas covers were still in the pre-war three tone camo scheme in 1939. Hope this helps?

T13A

Hi Fred and Steve

Many thanks, so it's dirty, mud splattered grey then!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!