Sacre Bleu!

Started by pierre the shy, 21 November 2021, 05:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I like Steinbeck's remark that English cooks are afraid if they don't boil a vegetable into helpless submission, it may revolt and demand dominion status.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Here is my theory - it is mine.....

Vegitables are green - except carrots which should be purple - green is the colour of mold, so vegitables are danerous to eat. {Carrots are only orange to honour King Billy}
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

'Asterix in Britain' - Obelix is appalled when his host boils the boar - and everything else - rather than roasting it.

Heedless Horseman

'Talking of sheep.....there must be a dead one in one of the fields about half a mile from us.
It was like a scene from 'The Birds' when I was driving on the way into Cardigan, this morning.....
50-100 rooks or jackdaws bimbling/flapping around and having a fine old time, as I tried to drive through them.'

Inspiring!  :o  We NEED Crows / Ravens/ Vultures and Kites to mount on 'wobbly' nylon flight stands above our casualty figures!
(Fan-Mon 26 might be a bit top heavy... though maybe accurate!).  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

steve_holmes_11

Quote'Talking of sheep.....there must be a dead one in one of the fields about half a mile from us.
It was like a scene from 'The Birds' when I was driving on the way into Cardigan, this morning.....
50-100 rooks or jackdaws bimbling/flapping around and having a fine old time, as I tried to drive through them.'

Inspiring!  :o  We NEED Crows / Ravens/ Vultures and Kites to mount on 'wobbly' nylon flight stands above our casualty figures!
(Fan-Mon 26 might be a bit top heavy... though maybe accurate!).  ;D

Splintered Light miniatures manufacture a flock of ravens.
It requires a bit of assembly as the birds attach to a scaffold made form the same white metal.
Done well' the scaffold is mostly hidden and the viewer sees the mass of birds.

Adventurous modelers might craft their own scaffold from stiff wire to create a different shaped flock.

Techno II

Do you know, Keith.....(Carrion) crows seem to be in rather short supply here.
Simply oodles of jackdaws......and rooks, if THOSE can be bothered to bothered to fly from the actual village, half a mile away.

Ravens ?....Still haven't seen one of those (for certain) for a few years.....Even the red kites and buzzards are (currently) noticeable by their absence.

Spadgers....chaffys...coal/blue tits, seem to be thriving....as do jays, magpies, woodpeckers and nuthatches.

Feral (flying rats) pigeons seem to have got the message that Von (aka Annie Oakley) will give them terminal lead poisoning if they turn up here.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Quote from: Techno II on 21 November 2021, 01:09:17 PMFeral (flying rats) pigeons seem to have got the message that Von (aka Annie Oakley) will give them terminal lead poisoning if they turn up here.

Cheers - Phil. :)

New campaign - "Save the Welsh Pigeons" along with the Polecats
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Heedless Horseman

'We don't just borrow recipes; on many occasions, English cookery has pursued other cuisines down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new ingredients.'

Ah! Pride!  :)  :)  :)

When devouring our 'Full English Breakfast' or 'Roast beef Sunday Dinner', consider the origins of ingredients... or the current sources, thereof. Centuries of exploration, enterprenurial trade and the 'Brown Bess' musket have resulted in these pinnacles of cullinary expectation!
Vive Rule Britannia!  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

QuoteNew campaign - "Save the Welsh Pigeons" along with the Polecats..

Ian....arrange the following into a well known phrase, or saying.

And...off....bog...die. (That's the polite version.)

Cheers - Phil  ;D  ;D

pierre the shy

QuoteAh, yes! Who could forget Jacques Cousteau's retort,"Sacre Blue! Un stingray zat can talk!!"  ;D

Nice typo, Peter, nice typo!

Opps, your right...amazing what a difference one letter makes :-[  ;)

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.