Sacre Bleu!

Started by pierre the shy, 21 November 2021, 05:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

France 40 - NZ 25  :o

Allez les bleus!!
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

FierceKitty

Vive les crapauds! A bas les kiwis!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

WE seem to be suffering from a surfit of French peeps,,,,,,,,
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

The French played a blinder and the All Blacks looked tired and out of sorts in the first half. They appeared to be missing some key players, not sure whether injury related or not.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 21 November 2021, 07:06:31 AMWE seem to be suffering from a surfit of French peeps,,,,,,,,

Good. Let them remind their neighbours how to cook!

You mean very small over garliced portions massivly ovewrpriced !!

Heedless Horseman

That is Cuisine... not Cooking. Foreign Johnnies can Cook quite well, really... just tend to exuberance with the 'panache'... ;)  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

FierceKitty

I must find out how to garlice something. Sounds appetising.

pierre the shy

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 21 November 2021, 09:25:08 AMThat is Cuisine... not Cooking. Foreign Johnnies can Cook quite well, really... just tend to exuberance with the 'panache'... ;)  :)

But remember Chef Gusteau's manta "Anyone can cook"  ;) 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Ithoriel

QuoteBut remember Chef Gusteau's manta "Anyone can cook"  ;)

Ah, yes! Who could forget Jacques Cousteau's retort,"Sacre Blue! Un stingray zat can talk!!"  ;D

Nice typo, Peter, nice typo!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno II

;D  ;D  ;D

To quote that nice Mr Andy Hamilton, in Old Harry's Game.

"The French.....Can cook...but can't sing (Pause).....A sort of mirror image of the Welsh."
PAH !...the chippy in the village does damn good nosh....So does the kebab shop.....Ah ! Perhaps that's not a good example.

Cheers - Phil ;)

The Welsh can only cook leeks and sheep  :d  :d  (and may be daffodills)

Techno II

We are NOT daffodils. :D

(And...children...you should NEVER EVER eat daffodils..unless you have a death wish...Every so often you hear of some complete twerp who's tried to fry, then eat, daffodil bulbs..."Cos they look like small onions". X_X )

Talking of sheep.....there must be a dead one in one of the fields about half a mile from us.
It was like a scene from 'The Birds' when I was driving on the way into Cardigan, this morning.....

50-100 rooks or jackdaws bimbling/flapping around and having a fine old time, as I tried to drive through them.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Ithoriel

To misquote James Davis Nicoll

The problem with defending the purity of the English cookery is that English cookery is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow recipes; on many occasions, English cookery has pursued other cuisines down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new ingredients.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty