Points values

Started by jblittlefield, 24 April 2017, 11:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblittlefield

Has anyone deconstructed how points values are figured for those that are interested in statting up their own forces for local play or for using existing figures/armies?

Lord Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome.
There is a formula, but I've yet to crack it!
You may refer to me as: Lord Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jblittlefield

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 April 2017, 11:21:09 PM
Hello and welcome.
There is a formula, but I've yet to crack it!

Me neither ... but I'm working on it!

Techno

Welcome from me, too, JB.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Subedai

Can't be ar*ed to use points values so I'm no help.

Wotcha by the way.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

oubliette

Bouncing this thread in the hope of getting an answer to one question about points - do they vary per army i.e. does a unit with the same stats always have the same point value or have they been tweaked depending on the other units/magic in the army list?

Just want to know if I mix and match units from different lists how far off the points might be?

Chieftain

The unit points are calculated to a formula, and are based on probabilities and observations from extensive playtesting.

"...does a unit with the same stats always have the same point value..."

Yes.  the intention of the points are to ensure that units and armies are cunstructed in a balanced way for standard 500pt games.  The intention is that any army should be able to face any other army with a decent change of success.  Skill and a little luck should be the determining factors of your games, not an inherently strong unit.

At least, that was the intention.   ;)
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Saigancat

I tried finding contact information for Stephen Hardy but couldn't locate it. Maybe he'd be willing to share his formula?

Big Insect

I've had a good hard look at it previously and cannot deduce how (or if) a points formula works in Warband.
It all looks a bit random - the Spells in particular see to defy all logic ... if you can apply logic to spells  :o 
This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.